X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netbook Invoicing?

Do any of you use a Netbook for invoicing? I've invoiced for a good while from computer through email with a simple program.

I see that Netbooks have no CD to load a program.

Might be a dumb question, but how do you get your CD programs on the Netbook?

Do you buy an external player and USB to it?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Netbook Invoicing?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Do any of you use a Netbook for invoicing? I've invoiced for a good while from computer through email with a simple program.

I see that Netbooks have no CD to load a program.

Might be a dumb question, but how do you get your CD programs on the Netbook?

Thanks.

J.C.
    Yep, you need an external cd drive to load software.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

You can often times copy the contents of the cd into a usb thumb drive using another computer and install it that way.

Heres an external drive that should work as long as you have two USB ports.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16827135208
      Last edited by Josh; 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Pretty inexpensive.

J.C.

Comment

Are you using a printer as well for the netbook invoicing, or just emailing invoices while on the job?

I still have a ton of customers that prefer hard copies.

One of the towns in my area had inspectors riding around town with laptops and small printers that printed on very small paper. They would update your permit status and print a copy of the inspection report for you right in their car.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            Are you using a printer as well for the netbook invoicing, or just emailing invoices while on the job?

I still have a ton of customers that prefer hard copies.

One of the towns in my area had inspectors riding around town with laptops and small printers that printed on very small paper. They would update your permit status and print a copy of the inspection report for you right in their car.

-Chris
            Majority have been email for years. The inspectors can also do that here. Mobile printers are unnecessarily and stupidly priced for some reason.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Majority have been email for years. The inspectors can also do that here. Mobile printers are unnecessarily and stupidly priced for some reason.

J.C.
              It depends on what sort of town you live in. In my town, a large percentage of my customer base has no desire to ever use a computer or e-mail.

Comment

99% of my customers get an email invoice or paid invoice. 1% is in the stone age or they're antiques

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  99% of my customers get an email invoice or paid invoice. 1% is in the stone age or they're antiques

rick.
                  Aren't you the guy who argued all of your customers still use VCRs?
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Since we're here....

I ran into a landscaping buddy of mine I was doing a locate for and he says he wants to show me something.

Goes to his truck and whips out his new 3G Ipad. I have NEVER been goofy over Apple in any way. Like their stuff fine, have used it, but no reason to sway me much.

I like his Ipad. He showed me where he's already put an invoicing & bid program (App) on there for $10.00. And went through a bid. Can do Credit Cards too. Pretty sweet and less clunky than a traditional laptop or netbook. 3G anywhere for x dollars. No contract. Or WiFi for free. This and similar things I believe will be the future of the service persons billing.

One day.....

J.C.

Comment

I'm in the process of starting a business and was looking in to different invoicing apps. Was considering Quickbooks for its versatility and the accountants seem to like it. One thing I was told though is that Quickbooks requires a larger processor than netbooks have (1.6 GHz on netbooks is typical but Quickbooks is said to require something like 2.4GHz). I'm not sure why...I'm not a techie guy. Just something I found in my research that I thought I'd throw out there.

I'd like to be able to print on site as well as most folks here appreciate a hard copy. I'd love to have a small printer that could print invoices say on a 1/2 sheet of paper.

Another thing I was looking in to was signature capture devices. I thought that it would be necessary for my own protection. Not sure what others due in this regard or if they find it necessary. I have had a few instances where it saved some hassles (I won't get in to long explanations).

Just curious what hardware/software others are using.

Don't intend to jack the thread if these topics aren't appropriate here I could start another thread.

Comment

This may help.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ight=Invoicing

J.C.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Anyone using a signature capture device?

Comment

3 ways, 1. use an external cd player 2.load the cd on other pc with internet connection and send the file via FTP or online site that send large file size and DL it 3. copy the file on USB Flash and use the USB 2.0 on your netbook

hope this helps

Re: how do you get your CD programs on the Netbook?

hot water systems

Comment

Making the adjustment resulted in an immediate improvement in performance!
                              2011year...

Comment

Working...
                              X