X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Site Radio

I purchased a Rigid jobsite radio a couple of years ago inorder to listen to my Ipod when I work in my workshop. I found that when I turn up the volume so I can hear the music over fans and machinery, it will turn off on it's own. I have discussed this with Rigid over a period of weeks and they said to send it to a service depot and I called the service depot and they told me they would have to just replace the entire radio and can get repair parts. I told them it was remanufactured by Rigid and was out of warranty. They told me they couldn't get parts and tough luck for buying a peice of crap. I emailed Rigid and they won't help either. Beware of Rigid Radios. I have used Rigid piping tools and have always loved the made in America feel of a great Rigid pipe wrench or threading machine, However I think that Rigid sold me out.

Re: Job Site Radio

Well thats life some you win and others you don`t I bought a Ridgid K-40 sink machine a couple of years ago and it was and still is a piece of crap for a lot more $$ than your Ridgid radio and Ridgid told me to buggar off when I complained but I still buy their crap because most of it works better than the opposition.

Tony

Comment

Re: Job Site Radio

Originally posted by russell miller View Post
      I purchased a Rigid jobsite radio a couple of years ago inorder to listen to my Ipod when I work in my workshop. I found that when I turn up the volume so I can hear the music over fans and machinery, it will turn off on it's own. I have discussed this with Rigid over a period of weeks and they said to send it to a service depot and I called the service depot and they told me they would have to just replace the entire radio and can get repair parts. I told them it was remanufactured by Rigid and was out of warranty. They told me they couldn't get parts and tough luck for buying a peice of crap. I emailed Rigid and they won't help either. Beware of Rigid Radios. I have used Rigid piping tools and have always loved the made in America feel of a great Rigid pipe wrench or threading machine, However I think that Rigid sold me out.
      I'm not at all familiar with the Rigid radio that you are having trouble with, but I may be able to give you a couple of suggestions because I used to be in the TV/Radio repair business many years ago (before everything became disposable!). First off, I wonder if your radio runs on batteries. If so, then you might have a sick set of batteries. When you turn up the volume on any radio or other audio device, the circuits draw much higher power from the power source, and if the power source is weak (in this case, batteries), then the unit may automatically turn itself off. If your radio does not use batteries, then the other possibility that comes to mind is that your radio has a loose electrical connection. When you turn up the volume, the speaker generates vibrations that can cause a poor connections to break, turning off the radio. These are just educated "guesses" but without having the radio on my workbench, that's the best I can do for you. Hope this helps!

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X