• Internet Explorer 9 Beta

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...lcome-upgrade2

Its pretty sweet. It works flawlessly with Windows 7
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Beta

I'm sticking with firefox for now.....i'm always wary of the internet destroyer

Comment

I do like it as well. I do not see any sweeping new things though, just good browsing .
      Saved: and so greatful, consider who created it ALL

Comment

Checked to make sure. Nope, IE5 is still the last version to run on Mac OS. I'll stick with Firefox.
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I`m a firefox convert I down loaded Explorer 9 but looks the same as the previous one that always locked up on me.

Tony

Comment

Firefox is a much more user friendly platform than IE. Once you become more familiar with the add-ons available, you can really change the way you browse the web. There are some pages that will only load correctly in IE, so I do occasionally need to slide backward into IE, but I am all thumbs when I do.
            Mike

Comment

Firefox all the way!

Comment

Firefox is good.

Opera was/is the original "good" browser.

http://www.opera.com/

I have no idea with their resources why IE isn't the best in the world.

J.C.

Comment

See I hear from a lot of anti IE people say the same thing "Some pages will not display in my (insert any browser name but IE here), and they have to slide back to IE to browse them pages.

Thing is I never have any problems browsing any pages with IE. Now I am not saying for you all to jump on IE 9, it is in beta of course. They are still putting more into it. The beta release is to help them discover coding issues, missing support, issues with web pages, and to get suggestions from the users. One thing IE 9 is all about is the new HTML 5 coding. I been following the HTML 5 stuff and I am very impressed.

The other browser platforms out there are good, and make a great alternative to IE. Its just I feel they went the wrong direction a few years back. When the first came onto the seen it was about keeping the browser slim, clean, and fast. Now they bloat it with all the add ons and such, but I guess that is the way people want it now a days. IE has gone the way of add ons in IE9 along with some other tweaks that are not visible. One of the things that impressed me is they improved their tabs browsing a whole lot.

Well keep an eye out for the finished product of IE9, I can tell you its not close to be done yet. There is a pretty huge list of bugs with it on the database. So far I only encountered two bugs, and I was able to work around them.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I work in the IT industry and do web development as well. The new IE9 is much improved and has a lot more better features. However...There are still issues with web site displays especially ones with frames built in. IE is not very friendly for sites based on CMS's and that is where firefox, opera, safari and others shine.

Comment

I had to remove IE9 after installing it on the 28th of November.

Some of the issues:

1. Having difficulty copying and pasting

2. Certain flash embeds not working

3. Lots of issues with Youtube and audio swap/editor

4. The worst >>> Went to pay a credit card bill and the site is mostly done in flash. Wouldn't load for 5 minutes.

When I post on my websites, the html would show up in the post/page pane but when publishing, nothing.

I was running with the latest version of windows *8* before this.

I did notice some new features I didn't like:

Forces you to click not once, but twice to close out a window that opens up. A small window comes up asking me to "close all tabs" and no, I don't want to close all tabs...just the one I chose to close.

When clicking on a youtube video, you don't get that quick flash on the screen that your page just opened. It will tab up above and the only way you know that is the video will play and you will hear it. But I would click it numerous times, have numerous vids playing all at once not realizing that it was sending me to the link.

There were certain plus advantages to the design, but I uninstalled it because it really made working online very difficult.

I lasted 3 days and reached a spot where I know it's the OS that's causing the problems.

I use my computer for 100's of tasks and anything that stops/hinders those motions will not work.

They've got a lot of tweaking to do to get it worked out...which I'm sure will come.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Does the IE allow plugins and addons like Firefox?

Comment

i see, but I am satisfied with Firefox, i find it more Internet marketing friendly and Chrome is not that fully developed yet as per my opinion
                          hot water systems

Comment

Working...
                          X