Comment

Re: Posts not Posting

how did i miss the dog and pony show

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Ron,

I just had that happen to me when I tried to post an answer regarding a new member's bandsaw questions. I sure hope it wasn't lost as I had to look up and include a few links. (I wonder if that was the problem as a previously written post of mine went through just fine?)

CWS

Comment

It hit me this morning. Maybe because I included hyperlinks to previous posts and to external sites. This might be what triggers the hold. I have made other posts in the past couple days and not had a problem, but I don't think I had hyperlinks in them. I was also kinda winded (who me?) in this last post that is on hold so maybe that it a trigger too.

Edit: I made this post only minutes following the one that was put on hold. and this post has no hyperlinks in it so I think that might be a clue.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-16-2011, 07:22 AM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            how did i miss the dog and pony show

rick.
            It was an early show and trust me, you didn't miss anything.

Comment

Well just tried to reply to JC's thread, and did have a link to Rick's post about "getting it up" Sure enough would not let me post it. Then I figured I just post a message how the forum would not let me post the link and for JC to check his PM's forum still will not let me post to that thread.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Its a conspiracy against you. They want to limit your posts...now we must figure out why

Comment

As others said they too are having issues with their posts. Mark has pointed out that the security settings have changed. What I am trying to figure out why some posts work and others do not. Even plan text posts with no reference to any phone numbers or links to anywhere or any photos get blocked.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    As others said they too are having issues with their posts. Mark has pointed out that the security settings have changed. What I am trying to figure out why some posts work and others do not. Even plan text posts with no reference to any phone numbers or links to anywhere or any photos get blocked.
                    I just checked with Homeland Security, you're also on their No-Fly list

Comment

It's because of that little scan-icon-of-doom in your avatar.

J.C.

Comment

Okay I still have not heard from Josh but I now know how to approve the posts. If you make a post which says it is moderated please PM me and I will try to get to it.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I did add another level of defense. It should only be scanning members with less than 5 posts total.

I'll take a look again at this tomorrow and see what I can do to loosen it up without getting spam.

We will soon be upgrading to vbulletin 4.1 which should help a lot all around.

Sorry about the temporary inconvenience.

josh

Comment

I just set the forum up so that after you have posted 3 or more times then you are no longer looked at as a potential spammer. That should fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X