X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures stored on 3.5 floppy discs

I have some old job pictures that are stored on 3.5 floppy discs & of course I don't have a floppy drive on either my lap-top or desk PC. I've though about getting an external floppy drive, But all the ones I have seen don't list Vista as being compatible. The latest operating system for the ones I looked at are Windows 2000 or XP!

Will a external floppy drive still work with Vista?
    Or is there software I can get to make it work?

Re: pictures stored on 3.5 floppy discs

Often thought about getting an external drive too, but that's as far as it got. I'd start with checking the manufactures web site and see if they list any drivers for Fistya, or if any are needed.
    Brian

Comment

I have Vista Ultimate on 4 of my computers and ran into the same problem. Last year I purchased this unit:

http://www.amazon.com/1-44MB-USB-Ext...2476641&sr=1-1

It didn't say it was Vista compliant but I've copy about 50-discs without any issue. It's was an inexpensive solution that works well.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Last year I purchased this unit:Mark
        Thanks for the info & link!

Comment

Amazon is good - you can also go to newegg.com. They usually have very cheap prices. If you want to get ultra cheap, go to Best Buy, buy a floppy drive, transfer your files & return it. I said it was cheap, didn't say it was morally correct

Comment

I just got a new computer and when I went to load the external Iomega floppy drive it would not load. I did a Internet search and found a article that told me how to lie to the computer and added it. It worked. If I recall I had to tell it that it was a NEC not a a Iomega. Anyway it worked.
            Charles

Comment

Working...
            X