X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• android applications

since getting a new android phone last month, thanks ben, the apps that are available for free are amazing.

from the barcode scanner that looks up the prices and eventually will be used for inventory and restocking.

to the gps that literally brings you to the right door with real life picture.

now the google language translator that will allow me to communicate with the masses of foreign language domestic help/ maids. 50 different languages can be translated and some will even speak the language back. all i do is speak into the phone and it types it out in english along with the language of choice.

to the ability to pull up videos and even the ridgid forum

please share all the apps that you have found to be useful for both the trade and for fun

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: android applications

That would be a long list Rick. I think I have over 200 apps on my Android phone.

One of the most impressive to others when you get the "so what can it do" query is Google Sky Map. Launch it and point your phone at the sky, the app will display the stars and planets in view. You can also search for a object and it will point you to it.

Construction Calculator is another good one for figuring out many common estimation problems such as aggregate, volumes, areas, etc.

Speedview
    GPS Test
    Car Panel is a very handy included app, check it out.
    Lookout Mobile Security - FREE a/v and malware app
    SBM (sketch book mobile)
    Sheet Metal
    Soundhound
    Skype for Android

Square - Lets you take credit card payments with your smartphone adn a free plug-in card reader that they send you.
    UPS Mobile
    Whiteboard
    Radar Now
    Earthquake!
    Cargo Decoder
    Air Horn
    Advanced Task Killer
    Tasker

But the absolute best app is the "RIDGID Digital Level"
    Last edited by Bob D.; 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Is there an app that records mileage, time stopped at locations? Be great for tracking mileage and time at jobs. Just turn it on when you leave in the morning and log it at the end of the day.

Comment

there shoud be, but running the gps all day on the phone will kill the battery. i had an old gps that did exactly what you're asking.

there are timer/ stopwatch apps, but i doubt that it will track distance covered.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

time to help adam. his nextel phone took a dump today, so ben and i convinced adam to buy the same android phone.

but before i had a chance to warn him not to shut off his nextel service until he figured out the new phone, he already did

adam, there's 250+ pages of owners manual to read. just to figure out how to make a phone call is 10 pages

be patient, it takes time to master this new phone. sort of like the k-60

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I like using Google Goggles

Take a picture of just about anything and it searches the web to find info on it.

Barcode Reader is very useful too

Comment

I use the mobile car dock from these guys. Works great.
              I just drop my EVO in and its charging and it automatically
              sets the volumes to MAX, turns on the GPS and Bluetooth
              and connects to my BT speaker, turns off Wi-Fi if it was on,
              and starts up Google Maps.

When I remove it from the cradle it sets everything back how it was.

http://www.seidioonline.com/
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X