• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy

Anyone have a Galaxy Tab? Good? Bad?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Galaxy

Which Samsung Galaxy tab are you looking at, I believe there is a 10" version coming out about now.

Motorola Xoom is a 10" tablet running the Android OS (version 3.0) that's available now.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

didn't ford make that back in the 70's

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
        You would know.

J.C.

Comment

No particular one. Just wondering about the good and bad of them vs. other things like the Xoom or Ipad.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            Yeah, there was the Galaxy and the Galaxy 500 model too. They were a popular cop car back then. With the 7 liter motor (428 CI w/4bbl carb) this car was a sleeper! I believe the model line started in the 60s, maybe late 50s. I think it was replaced by the LTD model in the 70s. I had a '78 LTD 2dr w/351W motor that I bought new, don't remember the price.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Here's a hack for the $250 nook e-reader to turn it into a full android tablet.

How to hack the $250 Nook Color into a full Android tablet | TechRepublic

You might want to hold out for the new EVO Android tablet being offered by Sprint this summer.
              http://now.sprint.com/alltogethernow...oFamilyContent

This tablet lets you use a pen to draw and write besides the normal finger swiping.

With their Everything Data 450 or 900 plan you can't go wrong.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 05-29-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                With their Everything Data 450 or 900 plan you can't go wrong.
                Late to the party I know, but I can't let that slip by.

Sprint are on their uppers. They chose the wrong technology first time round, then then bought Nextel, now they're pushing Wimax. All of which were losing bets. The CDMA technology first time round worked OK, but was never taken up outside N America. That's one reason why the iPhone took years to become available on Verizon. Limited market means no investment. The GSM technology used by AT&T and T-Mobile is a universal technology, and is superior in many ways. Not least of which, your phone works anywhere on the planet. So much so that the standards body for CDMA (3GPP2) threw the towel in for 4G, and it's all based on the GSM camp (3GPP).

There's only one choice for networks in the US, and that's AT&T. Having absorbed T-Mobile, and adhering to the GSM standards from the outset, they're on a home run. Verizon Wireless is a player simply because of its size in the US, but with inferior 3G technology, and the same 4G technology, why would anyone take a chance on them? All this rubbish about "America's most reliable network" is subterfuge. Farm tractors are reliable, but I'd rather have a Ford Taurus to get to work & back.

Sprint are prime for being bought out, probably by a fixed-line or cable operator that doesn't have a wireless arm. My money's on Century Link.

Comment

Working...
                X