Email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email?

Just wondering if any of you use a "Certified Email" program of any sort?

What I mean is something that blindly confirms receipt and opening of the email.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Email?

Meaning you get notified when someone opens an email you sent them but they do not know you are being notified..Is that even legal? I would like that but I have a feeling my email box would be flooded all the time ..with notifications
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

in outlook express, under options, there is a place you can request recepts,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        in outlook express, under options, there is a place you can request recepts,
        I am fiddling with it to see if I can get it to work.I did find the setting though.
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Just wondering if any of you use a "Certified Email" program of any sort?

What I mean is something that blindly confirms receipt and opening of the email.

Thanks.

J.C.
          I think most of the time when you request a return receipt, the client is going to put up a pop-up dialog to confirm before it actually sends one back. The sender can't control what the client does, so this would be something that the receiver's program controls.

Another common method is to embed an image in HTML email, if the person displays the images which are from a website, it will have a unique tracker. Again, this depends on the receiver having images and HTML email enabled.

I don't know of any other methods using simple Internet email (some products that are an integrated solution like Exchange or Lotus notes can probably do more nefarious things, but I don't know the technical details of what they allow). They could easily exist, just be beyond what I know.

Comment

Best Free Email Tracking Service - Get Your Sent Email Read Notification.
            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

FYI, they use the image technique. With Gmail, for example, it won't work unless the person clicks "display images."
              Our online Email Tracker system works with all modern email companies including Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc and all client side email programs including Outlook, Eudora etc. You do not need to download any software or plug-in to use our Email Tracking service, just send your emails in the same way as you send now. All you have to do is to put a very small image of size 1x1 pixel (YES! 1x1 pixel) white colored Tracking Image in your outgoing email. This small image is impossible to be seen by your recipient. Additionally you can upload your own image to be used as Tracking Image. You will get an Email confirmation as soon and every time your email gets read.

Comment

Using ReadNotify. Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X