X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickbooks & Emailing Invoices

I have 2010/11 Quickbooks and Outlook 2010 and when I try to email an invoice to a client I get the message in Outlook "Your message wasn`t delivered because of security policies" Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
    So my question is what the hell does all this mean and how do I fix it in the simplest terms

Tony

Re: Quickbooks & Emailing Invoices

Gonna subscribe on this thread! Just beginning with the new quickbooks and can't get email out either. Also seeing "Pay online:@***********" What does it take to setup that pay online option?

I can fix nearly anything but computers are like Kryptonite.

Comment

i've had the same invoicing program for 12 years and have updated it 6 times. all i do is email my invoices now for the last 2 years.

not bad for a $40.00 program every other year.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i've had the same invoicing program for 12 years and have updated it 6 times. all i do is email my invoices now for the last 2 years.

not bad for a $40.00 program every other year.

rick.
        I used QB ten years ago when I had my business in another State. This new program is completely different from those days. I can't fiqure out how to link the email right off the bat.

Comment

See if you can save or copy the completed invoice to your hard drive. Then attach it to an outgoing email to your client. I use M.Y.O.B. and a gmail account.
          Might be a pita, but it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
            See if you can save or copy the completed invoice to your hard drive. Then attach it to an outgoing email to your client. I use M.Y.O.B. and a gmail account.
            Might be a pita, but it works for me.
            Don`t know how to do it I would still like to know what the security policies are all about and why they have stopped my invoice from being delivered and how fix it

Tony

Comment

The Quickbooks 2011 is suppose to be able to email directly from the invoice screen in the program. It brings up some program linking that makes no sense to me in order to set it up.

Comment

I go to the file menu and select Save as PDF and save a pdf of the invoice to a folder on my hard drive, then email and attach using my normal email program. I find that QB email interface is really slow even if it is just one step.

Comment

I use quickbooks and outlook 2010 to mail invoices but I do not use microsoft exchange as my mail server. First verify that you in fact are using exchange mail server, if you are then you have to edit the security being complained about. If you do not use exchange and just use your ISP mail server to delever your email then you need to edit quickbooks to let it know what mail server you do use.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                    I go to the file menu and select Save as PDF and save a pdf of the invoice to a folder on my hard drive, then email and attach using my normal email program. I find that QB email interface is really slow even if it is just one step.
                    Either I am doing something wrong but on my Quickbooks 2010 you don`t go to the file menu to save an invoice the Save and Close button is at the botom right hand of the screen when useing my Invoice in Quickbooks and once you click Save no pdf is shown or can be accessed as the invoice is saved somewhere within the Quickbooks program and can only be accessed from Quickbooks.

Tony????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      I use quickbooks and outlook 2010 to mail invoices but I do not use microsoft exchange as my mail server. First verify that you in fact are using exchange mail server, if you are then you have to edit the security being complained about. If you do not use exchange and just use your ISP mail server to delever your email then you need to edit quickbooks to let it know what mail server you do use.
                      Now come on give me a break and in the simplest terms I don`t know what you are talking about how do I find out if I am using exchange mail server ? and edit the security as meantioned in the simplest terms PLEASE

Tony

Comment

Right now I'm having to print the invoice, then scan it as a PDF, and email.

Comment

I use qucikboots pro contractor and microsoft outlook, I have never had an issue emailing from the quickbooks screen. I do notice it is in my outlook sent folder when done.

Maybe you can do a save as to desktop, then send from exchange as an attatchemnt, see if you get the same error message. This way you can narrow it down between quickbooks or the email program.

Quickbooks is by far the best accounting program with great tech support, you just need to see if it is qb or exchange, possibly something in your settings.
                          Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Hey tony,
                            thats why i use MYOB....

Its easy

Comment

Originally posted by pressy View Post
                              Hey tony,
                              thats why i use MYOB....

Its easy
                              I started with MYOB many years ago and it just didn`t work it was to complicated and changed to Quickbooks but I found out the problem was with this one client and not others and was due to his internet security program

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X