X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passwords

We often take our Internet safety for granted. Please use strong passwords and change them often.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Passwords

i will never change my password its [ Plumber Rick ]
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

What? classic scene

http://youtu.be/WzEz-SHJbB0

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

did someone let the pony out of the cage?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          We often take our Internet safety for granted. Please use strong passwords and change them often.

Mark
          And please tell me how you memorise them and don`t get mixed up with your old ones no that is not the answer one memorised password with numbers letters upper and lower case is the way to go

Tony

Comment

One of the members here recently had someone try to log into their account. After 5-attempts the account was locked and a warning was sent to him. Because there are people like that everyone needs to be safe.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not only passwords but Wifi. When my wife and I go for walks around the neighborhood I like to pull out my smartphone and have it search for open Wifi routers. It still amazes me how stupid many of my neighbors are!

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                And please tell me how you memorise them and don`t get mixed up with your old ones no that is not the answer one memorised password with numbers letters upper and lower case is the way to go

Tony
                Simply you can't. How I do it. I have one word document that I put every user name/password into. (I have been doing this for over twenty years now.) That document is password encrypted. Anytime I need to enter a password/user name etc... I open up that doc and copy paste the information. For example this forum. I could not tell you off the top of my head what the pass is that I use, or for that matter any pass. I also keep copies of that file off site, and in paper-form in a fireproof safe.

Comment

I use Lastpass and XMarks. Lastpass remembers your passwords for you and will generate random passwords and remember them for you. When you go to sign in, a bar comes up at the top of your screen. You click on the button, enter your master PW and away you go. XMarks keeps computers updated between each other.
                  Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    One of the members here recently had someone try to log into their account. After 5-attempts the account was locked and a warning was sent to him. Because there are people like that everyone needs to be safe.

Mark
                    When that happens, I think it's time for people to step away from the keyboard and do something else. No reason in the world to let things get personal on message board.

Comment

Working...
                    X