• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16Gb Wi-Fi

Who`s got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 16gb wi-fi and is it worth buying

Tony

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16Gb Wi-Fi

I have a Xoom wi-fi only which is similar. I like it. In fact i am using it right now to post this reply.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

10" tablets from Samsung, Motorola, Acer, Toshiba etc use similar Android OS and differ in features like usb/hdmi/sd slots etc. Samsung tablets have great screen resolution but some older versions lacked some ports. Currently these tablets are not true laptop replacements but offer portability and extended battery life compared to laptops. Hardly power up my pc at home these days since I can do all of my web surfing, email, Ridgid forums etc right from this portable tablet.
      Note: Tablet prices are dropping partly because of competition, newer versions are on the horizon promising more power, better displays, and of course the latest iPad. IMO I prefer the OS that has a more secure OS reputation.

Comment

So if you were going buy one now would you buy a Samsung Galaxy or an ipad and why

Tony

Comment

I'd get an iPad hands down. The technology and operating system alone makes it the clear choice.

Comment

This thread was started a time ago, and Tony has - more than likely - zeroed in on a tablet that was to his liking. However, I would like to add my 2-cents for the sake of anyone else who might be presently looking into entering the 'Tablet' world - and who may be considering between the Ipad and other manufacturer's offerings. I, personally, have only had experience with one tablet, and it is the Ipad. In fact, mine is the 1st generation Ipad. This thing is built very well, and I really do like it. As much as I like it, would I buy another one if something were to happen to this one? The answer to that is a resounding NO. The reason for that is simple: I do not like having to be dependent on ITunes. There needs to be that marriage in order for me to get anything on my tablet. In addition to this is the fact that the IPad does not support Flash.
            ~Blessings~

Nathan

Comment

Flash is going the way of rotary dialed phones, in my opinion. It is exploitable with many vulnerabilities and that is why Apple and other OS's are steering away from it. Even Adobe is trying to work Flash into the cloud.

Comment

Tablets that use the Android OS are rapidly getting like Apple in the fact that Google "owns" the Andriod Operating System.

Since Andriod is based on the Unix kernel, which is mostly in the public domain, Google has to provide it at little cost to manufacturers.

This is not a good business model so they charge manufacturers an additional fee to have their products "certified" for the Google Play app. Google has taken control of the aftermarket app market and most under $250 (un-certified) tablets cannot download the Google Play App or other apps from Google.

If you are looking at an android tablet, check that the model is listed in Google Play Device list or has the Google Play app pre-installed and working.

Comment

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is decent tablet which offers HD quality scree, improved browsing experience with flash player and also you can easily multi task without any problem.
                  PPE Protective Clothing

Comment

Working...
                  X