X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking/Embedding Youtube

How do you link or embed video to the Forum? Where it can be viewed here without opening a new window.

Copying and pasting with the little filmstrip button does not work.

Thanks.

Re: Linking/Embedding Youtube

Like in this thread. Not a link. Actually right here and usable in the Forum.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t42312-5/

Used to be you could copy the browser bar of the video page, open a post, click the little filmstrip option, then paste it into the bar. Hit enter and it was there in the post. Not anymore. Or I could be missing something.

Thanks.

Comment

go to the youtube video you want. then go to the address bar at the top of your computer. copy and paste the address bar.

if it wasn't for the forum, i would type 5 words a minute and never have figuerd out how to post a photo.

for me the forum has been computer 101.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        go to the youtube video you want. then go to the address bar at the top of your computer. copy and paste the address bar.

if it wasn't for the forum, i would type 5 words a minute and never have figuerd out how to post a photo.

for me the forum has been computer 101.

rick.
        That's what I've done. (Post 2) But doesn't seem to work. I'll try one right here. YouTube, copied the browser bar at the top, clicked the lil' filmstrip button in the post window and pasted it there where it says "Enter your video or URL clip". Here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bevMmfn9Ddc

Comment

See, nothing.

Comment

your link took me to the jnw warthog roof drain video.

so are you asking how to get the video to show up on your post?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yes. Just to recap.

On that post, I typed the words. I had another window open with the YouTube JNW video up. I copied the url at the top of the YouTube page. Came back to the post window, clicked the filmstrip button, hit paste to load it into that box, then hit enter and post.

That exact procedure used to show it like you have your video above. Now it just links it for some reason or obviously I'm missing something.

Comment

Works for me.......

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I used to be able to do it via the filmstrip icon too but now I can’t. any other ideas guys?

Comment

Working...
                  X