running linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running linux

how many of you run linux instead of windows and mac?
    i quit micro-sith trash 10 years ago
    I use at present 6 different versions of linux but have a collection of over 200
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Re: running linux

I have been using linux since 1996, I had tried to make it my only operating system but in business that is not always so easy, open office does not to display correctly to customers all the time and it's my job not theres to make it easy. There are some apps that just don't place nice in wine. So I have calmed down a lot and keep windows and linux in the house.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

my mainstay os is pinguy 12.04
      its a debian/ubuntu flavor
      we use libre office instead of open office
      and i use dosemu to run some old dos buisness apps i will research some wine alternatives that may work better for you
      shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

no need to search bro because apps I use are Ridgid HQ which won't run reliably under linux. Now days I just use Deb.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

id like to be ambitious enough to setup linux. from what ive always read it the best system to have.

Comment

I have tried it twice. The second time I tried Linux Mint Cinnamon. I liked it but I couldn't find anything to work for word shortcuts. I use a little program called "Texter". It is super easy to use. You can make up any one to how ever many letters or numbers you like as a shortcut for passwords or whole dissertations if you like. Just type the letter combo hit enter and Texter starts typing. Otherwise, I might still be using it now.
            Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
            X