Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash Player & Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adobe Flash Player & Firefox

    I am running Firefox internet browser and Adobe Flash Player which crashes all the time but when I tried to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player my Norton anti virus wouldn`t allow me to saying it would harm my computer any ideas

    Tony

  • #2
    Tony, turn Norton off. It is a dog of a program, sure you want to keep it.

    Comment


    • #3

      Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
      Tony, turn Norton off. It is a dog of a program, sure you want to keep it.
      Now that was fast are you storking me


      Tony

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AFM View Post
        I am running Firefox internet browser and Adobe Flash Player which crashes all the time but when I tried to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player my Norton anti virus wouldn`t allow me to saying it would harm my computer any ideas

        Tony
        Tony, can you try and disable the Norton and upgrade, and then enable it again? If you can't disable it, at least you should have a Silent/Gaming option that would allow you to update the Flash Player. I assume you are downloading the Flash player from Adobe.

        The other option would be using another browser - Chrome works really great!


        I hope this helps,

        Dan
        Dan

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DanMuresan View Post

          Tony, can you try and disable the Norton and upgrade, and then enable it again? If you can't disable it, at least you should have a Silent/Gaming option that would allow you to update the Flash Player. I assume you are downloading the Flash player from Adobe.

          The other option would be using another browser - Chrome works really great!


          I hope this helps,

          Dan
          I was thinking about doing just that Dan but would downloading it and but ignoring My Norton Anti which has served me well over the years would be wise???

          Tony

          Comment


          • DanMuresan
            DanMuresan commented
            Editing a comment
            If you download it from here, then yes, you can ignore what Norton says: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

            Flash Player it's a safe link/product/tool and I don't know why your antivirus tells you that might be a threat.
            Last edited by DanMuresan; 04-16-2014, 09:21 AM.

        • #6
          I`m giving up on Firefox its crap I`m going to give Goggle Chrom a shot I`m running out of browsers Internet Explorer was crap been using Firefox for about five years but now it wont work with Adobe Flash player

          Tony

          Comment


          • #7
            I just swapped to chrome so the forum will work for my laptop.

            my tablet is a little jittery.

            Rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment

            Working...
            X