This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Issues

I thought it might help to list all of you upgrade issues here. Please include your issue, your operating system and the browser you are using.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Great idea Mark, Android HTC One using the standard browser called explorer and I get error trying to post a photo. Other than that all seems well.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you try again. This time use the camera icon on the left to upload and attach the image. We also increased the size of image that you can upload to accommodate larger images from smarthpones.

• SewerRatz
      SewerRatz commented
      Editing a comment
      Josh when I click the icon it asks me if I want to upload the file or use one from the photo album. When I select upload then it asks me from what part of the phone. To get to the photo's the only option I see is to select documents, then when I select the photo, it goes back to the selection menu.

After I click the picture a second time it shows the uploading bar then it gives me an "invalid file" error.

Using IE and it seems to take a very long time to upload a posting. Also, I really don't need to be sent a message nlotice every time someone responds to a thread I started. Can this feature be turned off?
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 04-27-2014, 09:57 AM.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave, I haven't seen the message notices you are talking about. Are these in your private messages, emails, or on screen when you log in? Anybody else getting these notices?

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed. See Mark's post below. This also required me fixing a date requirement in the user profile which was keeping you from saving preferences. Should be all good now.

Josh, the notice is there when I log in. The word "Messages" appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen next to my Avatar and Login Name. After you typed the above response, the numeral "1" appeared in the box next to the word "Messages". If I click on that, it shows me what your reply was however for it to go away I have to manually delete it as it doesn't go away by itself.
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

In your "User Settings" you can change your "Notifications" settings.

Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

I went to notifications and unchecked the boxes I didn't want to receive notifications from. Next I clicked on the Save Changes prompt which took me to a screen that informed me that I have entered an invalid birthday??? Went back to the Notifications area and the unchecked boxes were once again checked.

Comment

To me it lost its easy going look ! It's not user pleasing to me. I don't see much when I log on

Comment

• ToUtahNow
            ToUtahNow commented
            Editing a comment
            I find if I click on "Whats New" it is a mess. I have a lot better luck with "New Posts".

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed... there is a little bit of inconsistency on (whats new, today's posts) Working on making this consistent.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I went to notifications and unchecked the boxes I didn't want to receive notifications from. Next I clicked on the Save Changes prompt which took me to a screen that informed me that I have entered an invalid birthday??? Went back to the Notifications area and the unchecked boxes were once again checked.
          I got the same results

Comment

Fixed the birth date error so now you can save your settings. Thanks to Mark's suggestion above that should fix your notification messages.

Comment

• BadgerDave
              BadgerDave commented
              Editing a comment
              Josh, I really like this Comment feature. Do you remember when, on more than one occasion, I suggested something similar be added to the Forum? Once again, way ahead of my time.

• Josh
              Josh commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah.. makes it a lot easier to tell what people are responding to. Way nicer than quotes. And yes I do remember that request.

new threads keep getting posted that are blank and only forward to "visitor messages", which is blank.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• Josh
              Josh commented
              Editing a comment
              I noticed this too. We will look into this this afternoon. I am guessing its just a display setting in the software. Should be an easy fix. Will update when fixed

glad im on vacation. rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

• ToUtahNow
              ToUtahNow commented
              Editing a comment
              ...why are you here?

• AssTyme
              AssTyme commented
              Editing a comment
              He's gotta keep a full bar graph

• ToUtahNow
              ToUtahNow commented
              Editing a comment
              Where is the like button when you need it?
              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-28-2014, 11:29 AM.

This picture was from selecting upload from the camera icon which brought up a menu asking me what I want to upload from. The options are Camera, Vid Recorder, Voice Recorder, and Documents. When I selected Documents, and went to the folder with stored pictures and selected a picture that is when I got the Invalid File error. This picture was from selecting upload from Camera and taking the picture right there and then.
            Last edited by SewerRatz; 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM. Reason: Tried to explain a bit clearer
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

camera, upload, this picture...
              Last edited by Plumber Punky; 04-28-2014, 03:30 PM.
              ~~

Comment

camera, select from photo album, this picture...
                ~~

Comment

I just noticed that my Ignore List has been wiped clean.

Comment

• Josh
                    Josh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    unfortunately that one may not have translated through. Ya may have to re ignore a few members.

• Plumber Punky
                    Plumber Punky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    stop ignoring me!

• BadgerDave
                    BadgerDave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was probably time to clean up that list anyways as most on it were obnoxious one post wonders.

PP, you're going to have to try much harder in order to make that list.
                Working...
                X