Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john360 View Post
    According to me, Windows 10 is the best Windows Microsoft has ever produced.
    It is fast, user-friendly and a lot compatible than any of its predecessors.
    Fast and user friendly my a$$. My wife's new desktop out of the box moved at a snail's pace on Windows 10. It would take 5-10 seconds to open a new window for ie. She got tired of it after a week and had me set it up with Linux.
    Thing works great now
    -Byron

Comment

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting, I like it. "Buck the system" is a phrase that comes to mind. I'm curious though, are thereany draw backs with it?

• Cable or root
      Cable or root commented
      Editing a comment
      No, not really it's all fairly simple. We put Linux mint 18 on it. Years ago I had a laptop with Linux mint 11 so it was a fairly simple transition. the wifi drivers didn't work right when it was first installed ans so I had to update them and play with the configuration but other than that no issues at all. It even comes with a 100% free version of word that still uses the docx format. Netflix and the forums work on it as well. Easy peasy. Im not a gamer, that's the only issue I can for see is if someone was a gamer I imagine most games don't run on linux. Not sure if the Ridgid HQ software would run on linux with wine or not. Never bothered trying. Fits my needs perfectly though.

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the information, I've got to look into it. Windows looks cool but it sucks imo. Window XP is fast and smooth but I don't keep it connected and I use Apple for non work related things. I'm not a gamer either so it might work for me.
Working...
X