X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18v rotozip style tool?

I have the rotozip [2002 vintage] rebel with the myriad of accessories.
    Yes they also make a battery operated device.

My idea is to have ridgid make one similar but have it run on 18/24v ridgid batteries

why?

Well, I still prefer to have all my battery powered tools standardized and I have all the 18v ridgid series, adding a rotozip type tool would just increase the value of the tool group

Now, if you say not needed there is duplication of effort or product.. To reply to that train of thought there are many makers of battery operated tools and yes some even have similar specifications. The main difference is the battery system.
    I see many starting with dewalt and staying with them because they have their batteries etc. You have folks doing the same thing with craftsman, ryobi and all the others. I chose ridgid.

Yes there are also many that have a mix of battery tool brands for various reasons and then have to lug different batteries and charges to their job site...

Just a suggestion

Cactus Man

Re: Ridgid 18v rotozip style tool?

YES! Ridgid needs to make a cordless 24v/18v rotozip style tools. Currently I use an 18 volt Ryobi rotozip tool and it is horrible. No power, batteries die quickly and I have to carry an extra charger and 2 extra batteries on my truck for just one tool.

Comment

Originally posted by leroytyler View Post
      YES! Ridgid needs to make a cordless 24v/18v rotozip style tools. Currently I use an 18 volt Ryobi rotozip tool and it is horrible. No power, batteries die quickly and I have to carry an extra charger and 2 extra batteries on my truck for just one tool.
      I would buy one if Ridgid made it, especially with the stronger 3.0AH 18 volt lithiums. If you want to get better performance from your current Ryobi, the lithium batteries they make are a great upgrade for their tools. I just would not bother to go that route if you don't have enough Ryobi tools to justify the investment. We also need to see what tools Ridgid will offer in the new 18volt lithium kits, maybe they'll suprise us?

Comment

Originally posted by leroytyler View Post

I agree with the 18 volt rotary saw idea. I presently do use the Ryobi tool with the Lithium and it makes a heck of a difference in it's use. Even sounds
        like it's generating higher rpms for a longer period of time wth that battery. Use it for quite a few things every now and again.

Comment

Working...
        X