X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid radio

I have some young guys work for me and the all see these radio/chargers on the job sites made by the other brands. and they all say they that I should buy one for us. I told them as soon as ridgid makes one i will.
    thankfully all our cordless tools are ridgid so it would need to be compatable with our batteries, so i guess I save a few bucks

2007 and still no radio....
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG. View Post
      2007 and still no radio....
      ............and yet life as we know it still goes on.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i think this is where ridgid could go one up on every one and make all the others scramble big time. i want a job site hi def tv with built in sat reciver! just think you would never miss jerry again!!!
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

A radio, who needs a simple radio.... we have the technology to do even better than that. For not a whole heck of a lot, Ridgid could really leap the product line into the next century by incorporating a radio, mp3 player, cell phone, and even a digital camera into all of their tools!

Can you imagine, never again would anyone ever have to leave the worksite or project to answer the phone or to simply enjoy their favorite tunes. Not only that, but every worker could order that pizza for lunch (before the horn goes off) and call their favorite person to let them know how the job is going.

Just think, if the boss wants to know what's taking you so long, you can send the idiot a picture... or when you get too much jive with all that music and fall off the scafforld or cut off your finger on the saw... you can call home, send a picture, and record the whole nasty scene .

Yes sir, it would bring all kinds of efficiency to the job site, because instead of explaining in a 1,000 words, you can use a picture. And when you have an accident, you don't have to wait for someone else to call, you can do it yourself! (Hi Honey, please call the ambulance, I just fell off the roof and I'm heading for the gro...# )

Come on Ridgid... you know you can do it, and Home Depot can help

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; 01-09-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

dang it cws, how come every time i become a smart butt some one havs to go that extra step and out do me lol. but in all realty here this where ridgid needs to have there r&d dept reading for the simple fact that there have been some decent ideas joked about here but could the really make it in to production? some gun companys have a thing that reads you finger print to know weather or not the gun can be used or not, why not use some form of that on the cordless tool line it could and would slow down theft of tools on the bigger job sites were thieft of cordless tools is quiet high. i cant see a camra phone. but a small fm reciver with a ear phone jack or small speaker i could. come ridgid lets do a poll to see what would be the one thing that would make you drop every other line of cordless tool just because you have this________ and it is the best idea yet?? .................. don't mind me i am just sleepy lol
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The fact that Ridgid does not have a radio is the reason I went with another brand of cordless tools.
              I won't mention the brand (they are yellow). I use my radio all they time in my shop and at the jobsite.
              I very rarely charge the batteries in it thought.
              I also love to fish so it goes fishing with me and runs on battery power then.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

A drywaller on the jobsite had a milwaukee radio, that thing sounded really good. So good in fact I retired the old D_w_lt and bought me one. I was just sick and tired of waiting for Ridgid to think about making one. But then of course from the company that makes a 18v caulking gun, what do ya expect.

Comment

09-09-2006, 07:25 AM
                  A battery and a planer for $80 bucks. You can't beat it. Now if only the cordless caulking gun goes on sale!!

what a few months ago you wanted it. i see you are still mr. negitvity. oh well happy new years to you
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

All I'm saying is they put time into making a caulking gun, why not put some into making a radio. As I stated before I'm a tool whore, I want them all.

Comment

ridgid 12 watt l.e.d. light

I would like to see Ridgid make a true 12 watt Luxion l.e.d. Max Select flashlight-same style that comes with the 24 volt XLI light, I just love the old style lantern profile it has. I have the Millwaukee V28 light also, it stands up high and has a higher center of gravity than the Ridgid and falls over too easy. I would love for Ridgid to make an adjustable voltage power supply of 1.5-24 volts capable of 5 amps of output with the adapters for charging cell phones and running 12 volt accessories, like your laptop, ect. Also how about a 24 volt 500 watt inverter I know the run time would be short at full load -while you have to use a corded tool that ridgid does'nt make yet in the 24 volt version but at lower loads like running a 13 watt florecent light or charging your cell phone batt or running a sewer camera you would have a lot longer run time P.S. I like to see a 24volt power take off adapter where you snap your 24 volt battery into it and have output terminals so you can modify an existing, say 18 volt ryobi battery housing so you have 24 volt power for their under powered 18 volt compound miter saw. But I guess I'll have to sacrifice my Ridgid flashlight and an 18 volt ryobi batt. to do that. come on Ridgid, make a 24volt compound miter saw so I don't have to build my adapter. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
                      Last edited by Steve Klyce; 01-14-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Super Cordless Miter Saw

As for a cordless miter saw, it needs to be a sliding compound miter saw with a 10 inch or 12 inch blade and it needs to be engineered to the highest standards. Now to power this, how about using several battery packs? That's right Use 2 or 3 battery packs as the power source. Just 1 24 Volt or even just 1 of the DeWalt 36 Volt batteries really isn't enough.

"If one horse can't pull the load, use more horses." Keyword: Team

In the case of benchtop cordless tools, you could do either series connection and have 48, 72 or maybe 96 Volts or do parallel connection and stay with 24 Volts but more capacity. The motors are already out there in industrial applications and how about the blower motors for trucks/busses that are already designed for 24 Volt DC systems? One of them might just work for this.

Or you might try this: I can see it now. A mini size 4 stroke cycle engine powering the SCMS when made for outdoor use on job sites. Keywords: Weed Trimmers & EPA

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                          ............and yet life as we know it still goes on.
                          Just thought I'd stir the pot a little
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I wish ridgid made a cordless extention cord reel.

I would only use the extention cord to plug in my chargers of course, but it would be nice to just flip the dust proof switch and have an LI 24v reel that sucker in for me at the end of the day.
                              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X