X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Idea...

This is the coolest new tool idea I've seen in a good while. Available in a DC or AC model. Too bad the DC unit is made with Ni-Cads for power.

RIDGID, here's a good idea to improve on - but, make it with Li-Ion batteries. That way, after sitting for a month in the tool box of your truck it still has the power to winch a non-running car on the trailer - at a moment's notice.
    Some people might even buy two!
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: The Ultimate Idea...

How about making the same but with a 12 Volt motor and connecting cables with battery clips so you can connect it to your car-truck battery? Or, there is a way that you can make a charger for the 24 Volt battery that runs off of 12 Volts DC. Hint: Small power interter. 12 Volts DC (approx) input and 120 Volts AC output. I'm thinking of one that could charge supply power to the battery charger to charge up the battery as needed. I do like your idea of the Li-Ion cell battery. It's time they came up to date.

Comment

Heck, just put a Ridgid logo on it and call it George! It's already orange and everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
        Heck, just put a Ridgid logo on it and call it George! It's already orange and everything...
        That's sorta what I thought.

Woussko, trouble is you aren't always close to power when you need a come-along.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
        X