Who Wants More Add-ons for the MSUV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wants More Add-ons for the MSUV?

I 'm thinking RIDGID should tweak the usefulness of this great tool and make a few accessories for this.
    For instance...
    I just spent the day tearing through a bunch of wood today with my MS outdoos in the sun and I've got to say I'm noticing a real need for an umberella to attach to the thing. I had a heck of a sunburn on my bald spot (through a straw hat). I guess I should have had my hard hat on instead.

Guys, don't laugh, I'm serious - think vintage tractor umbrella or telecom umbrella - with a RIDGID logo! clamped somewhere to the rear of the MSUV that can be folded down when not needed.

Other ideas - I already fitted a Klein canvas bag (#5142P) to the front of it to drop in a tape, small combination square and some pencils. This works awesome!!

Anyone else have a good idea to customize their MSUV?
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: Who Wants More Add-ons for the MSUV?

Phil

The tractor umbrella idea is a good one. You might also look at a small beach umbrella too. Maybe they could have larger wheels-tires for wheeling it over dirt too.

Comment

I would like to see some sort of cutting stop device for repeat cuts.

A 5hp motor, seat, steering wheel, and knobby tires would be nice!

Comment

Recently we had this welder do some contract work (back during the summer) and the first thing every morning before he got started real good was set up a couple of 9' market umbrellas in which to work under. That gave me the idea for some form of a sunshade...yet I just haven't taken the step to get one.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Davet View Post
          I would like to see some sort of cutting stop device for repeat cuts.
          I know. I usually make some cheesy impromptu block of wood clamped to an auxilliary fence for a stop block. No way is it Biesemeyer quality.
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

What about something like this?

Club Umbrella
            Protects golf clubs from the rain. Spring clamp easily attaches to bag,

bend to remove club, release and it springs to an upright position. $13.00

or better yet this, but add a clamp on the handle so you can position it wherever you wish;

Golf Umbrella
            62" circumference, vented technology withstands gusts up to 60mph without inverting. $21.00
            Last edited by Bob D.; 03-11-2007, 05:42 AM.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Well, at least the logo's there.
              Phil
              Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG. View Post
                I 'm thinking RIDGID should tweak the usefulness of this great tool and make a few accessories for this.
                For instance...
                I just spent the day tearing through a bunch of wood today with my MS outdoos in the sun and I've got to say I'm noticing a real need for an umberella to attach to the thing. I had a heck of a sunburn on my bald spot (through a straw hat). I guess I should have had my hard hat on instead.

Anyone else have a good idea to customize their MSUV?

One of these???

Name:  03b7839f1f00c4201f56e53c056aa7b7.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  2.4 KB
                Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KenM View Post
                  One of these???

Name:  03b7839f1f00c4201f56e53c056aa7b7.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  2.4 KB
                  Ken,
                  I don't want to look goofy.
                  I think the best idea is the vintage tractor umbrella that can be folded or angled to suit the sun's position.
                  The RIDGID golf umbrella (the clamp-on one) is more than likely way too small.
                  Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

Phil

You might want to look here and also give them a call. They have many to select from. Good luck

http://www.tractorumbrellas.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X