X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEPA filter for WD 4050 needed

I want to buy a WD 4050 wet dry vac but as far as I can tell there is no HEPA microban filter for this size of vacume. I will not buy one if this is true. Caftsman does make a HEPA filter model#(9 16950) for there 4 gal 5 horse power "copy" of the WD 4050 but unfortunatly they are not interchangeable. I would rather but a Ridgid but will but the Craftsman if I can not get the HEPA filter for the WD 4050. Any suggestions?

Re: HEPA filter for WD 4050 needed

While not a true HEPA grade filter, this one is better than the standard cheepo type used in full size Ridgid vacs. It's for the WD4050 model.

http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/VF3500.phtml
    Last edited by Woussko; 04-29-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Thew craftsman and ridgid vacs are both emerson products;curious as to why you prefer the ridgid. You may want to see if a goretex filter is avaible. While not a true hepa,gotetex filters filter quite well. Cleanstream .is the brand name of the filters
      Last edited by Akita; 04-26-2007, 08:09 AM.
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Thank you to those who replide. The fine dust filter is not good enough for my needs but thanks for the thought. As for the gortex idea, I will look into it but I'm not quite sure as to what you ment. Are you saying that there is a compony that makes filters from it that will work as good as a HEPA? I am most likely going to just buy the craftsman model, It doesn't look as well made as the Ridged but I will not be needing to really work it hard very often so it should last. Thanks again.

Comment

gtsun go to www.cleanstream.com for more info. Amazon sells these filters as well as tools on sale.
          You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

gtsun

Please read this about the CleanStream filters. If they have one to fit your vacuum cleaner, they are great filters. The problem so far is their selection is rather limited. This part of their site describes their filters and what to expect from them. If you're using them for drywall or ashes, they do work very well. By the way the picture on washing them is messed up. Run the water from the inside outward so as to flush the dirt out in reverse. Give the filter overnight to dry. http://www.cleanstream.com/filters_wetdry.html

Comment

Working...
            X