Summary - TS2400 Table Saw ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary - TS2400 Table Saw ideas

I wanted to make a few suggestions for the TS2400 Table saw, then discovered that most of them had already been made over the last several years. The TS2400 hasn't been updated in a few years, and it is about time.

Previously noted ideas:

- Outfeed table accessory (and possibly left side table)
    - Riving Knife (versus splitter), & that moves up and down with blade
    - Drop-in Router Table accessory
    - 4x4 capacity (3 5/8"), as some other "contractor" table saws now have

Suggestions I would like to see

- Improved location of power switch (can't see it very well where it is now).
    - Improved location of side table extension lock lever (no longer in way of fence).
    - Multi-position option for stand (like Makita's).
    - Electric Blade Brake

RC
    RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
    --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Re: Summary - TS2400 Table Saw ideas

Thanks rcxrc, I'll forward this on to try and get it in front of our engineers.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Thanks rcxrc, I'll forward this on to try and get it in front of our engineers.

Josh
      Josh-

Have them take a look at Bosch's new 4100 tablesaw. It's probably the strongest competitor. Things like the split guard and riving knife are the features that keep me from buying the Ridgid TS2400.

Comment

Yes yes, definately make the power switch a lot easier to access! Is current location requires bending down to see it or fumbling around under the table while the blade is spinning. The rest of the recommendations are very good. In particular the riving knife, table extensions and outfeed support!

Comment

Working...
        X