shop vac variation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop vac variation

How 'bout a shop vac with a retractable hose? Don't know if it is a do-able thing, but I'd buy one. Gets old tripping on hoses.
    Jack

Re: shop vac variation

I have the 24v Lith. battery vac and use it a lot because it is compact and no cord to get in the way. Very light to move around and keep out of the way. The hose does stretch out to about 7'.

Comment

I second the idea!!! Every time I try to hang/wrap/drape my hose over my vac for storage, the darn thing falls off and gets tangled in something! Time for some idearrrrrs here!!!
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

How about if they used a better way to attach and detach the hose? Once removed you can hang it up on the wall over a few gutter spikes or get a simple garden hose hanger and wall mount it. I wish I had a few really good pictures to show you what I have in mind that's used on some true industrial drum style vacs.

Woussko, Hush up now ... If you go improving the Ridgid shop vacs they will soon raise the prices of them. Customers of The Home Depot aren't wanting a super $1000+ Dirt Eater Ultra kind of machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Customers of The Home Depot aren't wanting a super $1000+ Dirt Eater Ultra kind of machine.
          I beg to differ! I want every kind of super-ultra thingy out there. What I want and what I need and what I get are not always the same thing.
          Jack

Comment

Res

In that case I doubt your next shop vac will come from Home Depot. It most likely will come from a serious tool dealer, janitorial supply house or an industrial supply house. It will cost some good money but think of it and the attachments and hoses (got to buy each part as needed) as an investment.

Are you ready to take the big plunge yet?

As for what to do with the hose on a regular shop vac, there are hose cages that you attach to the head. I'll try to find a picture of one. They aren't all that hard to make and that way you can be sure it fits. You disconnect the hose and coil it up inside the cage. On some big beast size vacs there is a big sack behind the drum that attached to the handle where you can store the hose, attachments and more.

Please see picture and you'll see what I mean about how they figured on a nice place for the attachments, hose and more.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Woussko; 09-14-2007, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Does that mean I'd have to actually roll up the hose and put it way after use??? Think anyone will ever invent a self cleaning shop?
              Jack

Comment

res

Maybe you want a powerful blower so you can just blow the dirt and dust out an open door.

Comment

Working...
                X