Thread Blasting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Blasting

If someone starts a new thread and then realizes it's in the wrong part of the forum or is just stupid, I think he/she should be able to delete it totally if done in say an hour or so. What do the rest of you think about this? Also, how about if Josh could totally blast (wipe out) a thread that's got out of control? I bet he can do it, but I have never seen that done so far.

Re: Thread Blasting

I don't know if the forum software will allow that kind of self-administration. I've never seen an option on any BB software that would allow a user to delete a thread. It's a good idea, I just don't know how it could be implemented.

The Administrator has the ability to delete entire threads, yes. To Josh's credit, he's a very level-headed admin and hasn't pulled out the big delete stick.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Good idea. I've seen it done on other forums before, that it can be done within 6 hours or so by only the author/starter of the thread. After that, only administrators/moderators.

I know that I've almost screwed up on putting a question in the wrong area. If it wasn't for the "preview post" button, and me double-checking and reading my own post prior to submitting it, I would have needed a good headsmacking.

We all have brain farts every now and again. Some stinkier than others.
      Last edited by canucksartech; 07-23-2007, 11:40 PM. Reason: Brain fart

Comment

there use to ba a poster here that would post 10 times a day and then after a day or a few he would delete them.

it would be crazy, but if his post was quoted, it would then still give you the jist of the post.

josh has locked the post on a few occassions (flat rate). you can still pull it up for entertainment, but can't add to it

so far so good.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I've come across a few of those. It reads like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Uhhhh...okay. And I saw the date of these posts, and then sometimes the very few hours until the edit where it was changed, and I'm thinking....what's the point?!?!

LOL. Oh well - I know it would be peachy if only it worked that way when you screwed up in the real world ("No honey, let me just 'x' out that item line on the credit card bill....see, I didn't spend $830 three weekends ago with the boys when we went out to the Brass Rail. See, it's 'x'-ed out now - it didn't happen after all.")

LOL. (And I will neither confirm nor deny as to whether or not that is a verbatim quote of a conversation with my much much better half upon my return from our honeymoon.)

Comment

You can delete new threads as the original post up until you get a reply. At least I think thats how it works.. I can delete anything

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              You can delete new threads as the original post up until you get a reply. At least I think thats how it works.. I can delete anything
              There's a couple of things on my record I need you to address

Comment

Working...
              X