Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Radio

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    nope... no radio for Christmas. I ma gonna try and carry a camcorder into probrands office tomorrow and make him give you guys a rundown of what all is on the radio and when it will launch.

Josh
    Josh, 5 bucks if you post it on here, and you get him before he gets his morning coffee!!!

Comment

I'm up early just to see this!!! (Yes...there's something very very wrong with me)
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

i think there hiding from us........... lol
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I'm doing everything within my power to coordinate this today. Busy schedules. Josh

Comment

Gonna have to be tomorrow. ProBrand and I walked around the building looking for a video camera we could use... no dice. I am brining in my dv cam tomorrow.

josh

Comment

tick-tick-tick-tick-The pressure is now on.
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Josh, is that the new Ridgid DV Cam powered by the yet unreleased higher AH 18 volt lithium battery? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by broncobrit View Post
                  This is actually for real. I have spoken to a rep who has actually seen the prototype. The whole reason for the delays had to do with the patents...which Dewalt had control of for the charger part. These patents will have expired come the time Ridgid rolls out the radio. There was also a problem with one of the patents that Ridgid had applied for that had to be rewritten. Don't want to get everyone's hopes up....just remember this post when the radio does actually come out...and I will post something to the effect of .... I TOLD YOU SO....
                  Patents last for about 20 years, so this seems inaccurate. The only way around such patents are to define yours more narrowly, eliminate a part etc. Also a note, I looked at the Dewalt radio once and... no CD player. Why buy that when you can pick up a crap radio at the thrift to bang around at the jobsite for like $5. If rigid does make a radio they better put an MP3 player(call Apple, Ipods rule), and a CD player.

Edit: Spelling
                  Last edited by kevkahuna; 12-31-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

My buddy @ Home Depot says they are bringing out a radio at some point I think year.That was according to his Rigid rep.I cant wait!

Comment

It's about time. The sooner the better. I just hope it is a dual volt rapid charger (18/24vdc). If you want any more "testers", I am volunteering.

Comment

Originally posted by tzons View Post
                        It's about time. The sooner the better. I just hope it is a dual volt rapid charger (18/24vdc). If you want any more "testers", I am volunteering.
                        Sorry, if you read the "Power Too Discussion Forum" above you can have your questions answered. No charger. Has a Nascar scanner if you're a fan?

Comment

Due in HD in 1 - 2 weeks.My buddy just called no charger but will run on their batteries.

Comment

I just checked the Ridgid.com website on 2-23-08. They have their new 18/24v. radio/race scanner listed. It looks like they put much thought into designing it! All kinds of extras! So I ran up to my local Home Depot. They didn't have a clue, so hopefully it shows up in their stores soon. I also checked Ridgids "preferred dealers" list. Not a one of them had the radio available. So go to www.ridgid.com and check it out for yourself. Price is not available, but then again... who cares?

Comment

Why a race scanner on a jobsite radio? Maybe Ridgid thinks it is quite common for us trades guys to be working right outside a race track on a sunday afternoon during a race. Seems like a pretty stupid feature to me. I won't be buying it, thats for certain. It doesn't charge batteries which is the only feature I would want other than a radio and a spot to plug in an Ipod. DeWalt got it right when it comes to the radio, they were spot on.

Jeff

Comment

They say that DeWalt has the patent on the radio/charger, and I guess they couldn't get permission to use a weather/police scanner? Looks well made and it does run on the Ridgid batteries. If you were gonna plug in the radio anyway, guess the charger will have to tag along.

Comment

Working...
                                X