• Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Radio

post pics!!!!!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauswork View Post
      I hope that I did not violate any patents.
      I'm sure you did, but you have now given me at least a small amount of reason to buy this radio. I had none before. I may have to look into this as I also have a second charger.

Jeff

Comment

I seen this on the Today Show this moring as a must have fathers day gift. My husband loves his ipod,drives with it takes it to work,drives his tractor with it cut the lawn with it, does everything with his ipod. Radios are expensive to plug your ipods into, just wanted to say this was pretty cheap for an ipod/radio for our patio and not having to worry about it getting banged around by kids,dogs neighbors when we have a late night BBQ,etc. I haven't checked it out well yet but I know he will love it. Oh it's not to pretty but that doesn't matter LOL Thanks for the great Gift. Happy Fathers Day Dads. Lori
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Shewishes44; 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM. Reason: ADDING PIC

Comment

Re: Ridgid Radio- got one.

I got the Radio a few weeks ago. I wanted it exclusively for the iPod integration. I can't stand radio stations, and I have no interest in Nascar. I almost just bought a bookshelf style stereo / iPod dock at Wal-Mart for $50 less, but I was pretty sure that shiny black motorized drawer would break off.

In general, I am happy with this radio.
          Pros:
          Loud enough; I use it outside at the camp, and most of the time it's loud enough. Sometimes too loud.
          Protects the iPod as well as charges it. (nice padded, secure compartment)
          It's orange.
          It's rugged.
          Portable, runs off of the battery.
          12V cell phone charging outlet and rubberized tray on top is a nice touch.

Cons:
          Kind of pricey for no charger (I'm not complaining about no charger.. I've read all of the discussions..)
          I only have one battery. If I need my drill and there's no where to plug in the radio, then no radio.
          The sound is often muddy / over blown. Maybe it's too much Pink Floyd turned up too loud.

Here's my biggest complaint, and before you jump on me, I know that I should have known this from the package or reading the manual on line:
          No iPod control!
          I assumed that since there was an actual Apple approved dock connector on this radio, that The radio would have play - back - forward buttons on the radio itself that would control the iPod; It does not. Oh well, you know what they say about ***uming I guess they expect you to work (or drink if you're listening to the race) and not be tinkering with the radio every 5 minutes. It would be nice to be able to skip a song without popping the latch and flipping the door down and trying to operate the iPod upside down.

Comment

Hey Guys. I too was disappointed that the radio was not a battery charger, but did I cry about it? Are we not men, tool guys even, or have I accidently logged onto the Food Channel Forum? I took the radio apart and found a big empty space in the back left of the radio. Inspired by this space, I sacrificed one of my chargers, and jammed the guts of it into the void. I had to trim the circuit board a bit and swap the battery mount from the charger to the radio. I held every thing secure with you friend and mine, PL Premium. Lastly I drilled some holes in the back for ventilation and even extended the charger indicator lights so that you can see the charger functioning properly. I wired the power cord into the power supply for the radio so that the charger is completely integrated into the radio. I guess that I have the only Ridgid Jobsite Radio/Charger!! I hope that I did not violate any patents.
            When you have the battery on the charger while listening to the radio, do you get any interference? I discovered that I can't have my charger charging a battery anywhere near my radio. The interference is so bad, I hear more static than radio. Just curious.
            Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Wow, I can not believe how many posts my little thread started....and just think. We finally have a Ridgid Radio!! I'll be picking one of these babies up soon...and doing a mod myself, as I have like 5 single chargers and one double. This will be a nice addition to my Ridgid Collection....

6" joiner/planer
              13" thickness planer
              18v drill
              14.4 drill
              band saw
              twin stack compressor
              cordless planer
              cordless recip. saw
              cordless saw
              flashlight
              finish nailer
              1/2" spade handle drill
              flip-top work support
              wet/dry vac
              belt sander
              orbital sander
              pro multi base router
              Oscillating Edge/belt Spindle Sander
              cordless jigsaw

I am sure I have missed a couple...I will buy more too...and soon it seems.

And of course I use a lot of Ridgid's pretty drill bits and accessories....

Comment

I have the old one never opened in the box, it came with a set. anyone want to offer$, or are you going to wait for the eagles concert live on the Makita radio?

Comment

Originally posted by ramplum View Post
                  I have the old one never opened in the box, it came with a set. anyone want to offer$, or are you going to wait for the eagles concert live on the Makita radio?
                  What old one?

Comment

Hey Guys. I too was disappointed that the radio was not a battery charger, but did I cry about it? Are we not men, tool guys even, or have I accidently logged onto the Food Channel Forum? I took the radio apart and found a big empty space in the back left of the radio. Inspired by this space, I sacrificed one of my chargers, and jammed the guts of it into the void. I had to trim the circuit board a bit and swap the battery mount from the charger to the radio. I held every thing secure with you friend and mine, PL Premium. Lastly I drilled some holes in the back for ventilation and even extended the charger indicator lights so that you can see the charger functioning properly. I wired the power cord into the power supply for the radio so that the charger is completely integrated into the radio. I guess that I have the only Ridgid Jobsite Radio/Charger!! I hope that I did not violate any patents.
                    Well if you have the on job-site radio charger, then i have the only job-site radio with 2 GFCI's in the back for addition power. I replaced the small black 16 awg cord with an old 12 awg ridgid extension cord that was hashed at work, so i wouldn't have to worry about pulling too many amps on that tiny cord. And then in that same empty spot where you put your charger, i put my gfci's. I was thinking about using the battery port they already had, and like you, putting the guts of a charger inside and soldering the leads onto the existing port. But it seemed like too much work.

Comment

Working...
                    X