X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 Inch Impact Gun

Dewalt makes one and it is expensive, so does Ingersoll Rand. This tool would come in very handy when doing heavy duty work involving large bolts and nuts, it could also be used in the automotive industry. Ridgid's 18volt impact driver is a great tool, so why not up the model to a 1/2 inch and blow Dewalt away ? 350 FT/Lbs should be about enough torque to satisfy all.I also think a Luxeon LED flashlight would be a great addition to the tool line, bulbs burn out, get hot and draw too much power, Luxeon LED's rule.

Re: 1/2 Inch Impact Gun

Just wanted to add that plenty of us would buy many of the cordless tools Ryobi and Dewalt offer such as the angle grinder, but we want to stick with Ridgid. How difficult is it for Ridgid to expand their 18 volt line? Come on give us some more tools...

Comment

I know this is thread drift, but be careful for what you ask for, the Dewalt 18 volt angle grinder, yes it is portable and a grinder, It eats batteries extremely fast so fast that most of the time they will not charge as there to hot to charge, and two is very anemic for a grinder, yes if you jsut want to wire brush some thing it is OK, or to do a quick cut with a cut off wheel like for a 1/2 inch bolt it will only cut less than a half a dozen of them on a battery, IMO you need about 4 batteries and three chargers to use the machine effectively.

yes in some situations it is worth all the draw backs that it has.

But IMO the current 18 volt Dewalt battery system is not "strong enough" for a angle grinder, and I would doubt if ridgids platform is any better in that regard, so if they can't put out a tool that will satisfy its customers, I am sure it is better not to produce any in that area if it will only be considered inferior or sub quality.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. I'm trying to get away from most of my corded tools and the 1/2 inch impact would get plenty of use, however the grinder is something I would not use very often. I've seen the Dewalt and Ryobi grinders but never had the opportunity to hear from anyone who has used them first hand. Like they say forewarned is forearmed, can't say I wasn't warned the cordless grinder is a disappointment. Thanks again.

Comment

I've posted the same request for a impact wrench a few times...something with real torque...and a 1/2 inch head. This would be a great add to the 24 volt lineup.

In the meantime, Pep Boys sells a 24 volt cordless Goodyear Impact wrench that works pretty darn well for just $70. I use it to change tires.

http://toolmonger.com/2007/07/17/dea...wrench-for-70/

Comment

Maybe in time Ridgid will have their own version of this Impact Wrench now that TTI is making both lines of tools. Try to think of this one in orange and with the Ridgid 24 Volt battery.
            http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...192145_192137#

Comment

Would by this tool the day it came out. Should have minimum of 250 ft-lbs of torque.

Love the Milwaukee 28 volt at 325 ft-lbs.

or the DeWalt 36 volt at 325 ft-lbs.

Heck, DeWalt gets 300 ft-lbs out of their 18 volt one.

The Goodyear one only manages 220 ft-lbs (according to it's specs) but it has loosened every tire lugnut I've tried it on.

Comment

Ingersoll Rand makes a 19.2 volt 1/2" impact that produces 350FTLB's of torque!! Tough tool and there's a guy selling them on Ebay in a kit for around $250.00. I still would like to see Ridgid make one, 18 or 24 volt would be fine. My 18 volt Ridgid impact produces over 100ft/lbs or torque and although I haven't tried it, I bet it would remove the lugs off my car rims. Come on Ridgid, steal that Ingersoll design and give us your version of this handy tool. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Ingersoll Rand makes a 19.2 volt 1/2" impact that produces 350FTLB's of torque!! Tough tool and there's a guy selling them on Ebay in a kit for around $250.00. I still would like to see Ridgid make one, 18 or 24 volt would be fine. My 18 volt Ridgid impact produces over 100ft/lbs or torque and although I haven't tried it, I bet it would remove the lugs off my car rims. Come on Ridgid, steal that Ingersoll design and give us your version of this handy tool. Thanks.
                  Not bad looking. I wonder if it was designed by the "real" Ingersoll Rand or just some relabeled Chinese goods. If real, it is a real value. If not, I'll stick with the Goodyear one or this one which claims 300 ft-lbs and comes with two batteries for $120-$150.

http://www.jackstoolshed.zoovy.com/product/CMT-10221/'MONSTER_TORQUE'_Ultra-Duty_24-Volt_Cordless_Impact_Wrench_-_300_FT-LBS_Torque.html

Last edited by Disaster; 10-15-2007, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Disaster, thanks for that link. Decent looking tool and for the price worth looking into. I may hold off a few months in the hopes that Ridgid will do something wonderful in the way of new tools 18 or 24 volt. I have several different cordless tools by different manufacturers and keeping track of what needs charging is becoming a job in itself.

Comment

i have the dewalt 18v and with lithium ion batteries its ONSTOPPABLE

Comment

Working...
                      X