How 'bout this "tool" idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout this "tool" idea.

Saw this posted on the Toolmonger website. Bosch now is advertising a policy of "Fix it in 5 days or it's free." This level of service support IS going to win them many loyal customers. Ridgid should review it's entire service chain and implement something similar. If you say you make a good tool that people should be willing to fork over their hard earned dollars for, you should support those customers in the field when things go wrong.

http://www.boschtools.com/product-se.../rapid-repair/

"Whether it's routine, scheduled maintenance or a major overhaul, when you need service on your power tool, you want it done fast, and you want it to be convenient. Now, to augment our extensive Service Network, Bosch Factory Service Centers have partnered with many of our leading dealers to bring you Bosch RapidRepair.®

Here's how it works:
    Drop off your Bosch tool repair at any one of our conveniently located RapidRepair® partners. Chances are, it's the same dealer where you bought your Bosch tool. They're listed on this web site under "Service Centers". Our RapidRepair® partner will take it from there. Your tool repair will be transported to the nearest Bosch Factory Service Center, where it will be repaired by factory-trained technicians, using state-of-the-art equipment, and genuine Bosch service parts. Bosch guarantees that your repaired tool will be available for pick-up at your RapidRepair® partner's facility in five business days (Monday - Friday) or less, or your repair is free."

Re: How 'bout this "tool" idea.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Could be better is they offered a "loaner", still I agree it sounds inviting. Ridgid doesn't seem very interested in drumming up business, I don't see much in the way of replies by them to many of the questions posed on this forum. When I go to my local Home Depot the couple of Ridgid cordless kits 18 or 24 have so much dust on them you'd think they were bottles of twenty year old Scotch! I think three or four times a year they should set up a demonstration booth of their tools and offer some discount coupons, do something to spark sales and consumer confidence.

Comment

Working...
    X