Hardcase tool boxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcase tool boxes

This is not a tool of course, however I would like to see Ridgid or some after market company build hardside tool cases. I have purchased a bunch of Ridgid Lithium Ion tools and don't like the idea of them banging around in bags with all the other stuff that collects in them. It is more than an esthetic issue as I believe that plastic bodied tools are susceptible to damage banging around in the bags. I bought one of the aluminum sided cases however it is a little flimsy. If someone marketed a good plastic case for a reasonable price I would buy them.

Re: Hardcase tool boxes

I'm with you on this one Ray.

I can't believe my new Ridgid 24 volt 4 pack tool bag didn't even come with a shoulder strap.

I like to keep things in my life in order and $400 dollar tool set flopping around in a bag causes me stress.

All my other tools are hard cased and stack very neatly. The Ridgid bag however, has to be placed on top. Plus they don't even fit in the bag very well. I'm constanly having to rearrange them to zipper them shut.

If you find one, let me know

Comment

I love my hard cases too. I know you can find em on ebay sometimes. Worth checking every now and then.
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Check out pelican cases.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Check out pelican cases.
          Junkie....
          Thanks for the suggestion on the Pelican cases. They are a thing of beauty, albiet a little spendy for my budget. I was thinking of something in the $25.00 range. Something solid with a foam for shaping inside. It does not need to be presssure sealed.
          Ray

Comment

Is it possible to buy a dewalt case and modify the inside to suit the ridgid tools? You can often find dewalt cases by themselves on ebay.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X