Ridgid Calendar........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Calendar........

This isn't a tool in the strict sense of the word of course, but for many of us a Ridgid Calendar adorned with beautiful women in the shop to warm us during a cold winter day is almost a necessity.
    After college graduation I went to work for Rockwell selling flow measurment and control equipment. After training in plants in Pennsylvania I was sent to Texas to see and learn how our equipment was used in the oil fields there. One memory that has remained with me for 40 years is the connection between oilfield production and Ridgid calenders. Every oil facility we went to in Texas regardless of whether it was executive offices in Huston or the most wind blown, oil spattered drilling shack in west Texas the common denominator was a Ridgid calendar on the wall. It was always a welcome sight and may have been one of the reasons I stayed in that business for twenty years.
    I checked out the Ridge Tool site yesterday and checked out the 07-08 calendar for sale for $10. Anyway my idea was that Ridgid should offer the Calendar for free if a person purchases enough Ridgid products. They could use the MyEbox registration to keep track of the number or amount of purchases. They could set an amount of maybe $250 to qualify.
    Anyway it's a snowy day and my thoughts turned to lovely women and thought this might be a good idea.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by roadrashray; 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM.

Re: Ridgid Calendar........

You raise a valid point Triple R,
    Years ago when I started out in the trades it was a welcomed distraction to see Ridgid's interest in giving us a break from looking at beards,beer bellies with hairy backs and realize that there is beauty outside the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Years ago when I started out in the trades it was a welcomed distraction to see Ridgid's interest in giving us a break from looking at beards,beer bellies with hairy backs {insert your own joke here} and realize that there is beauty outside the cage.
      In todays politically correct society these calenders are will soon be extinct. Some people, including myself believe it or not find them disparaging towards women. Maybe it's just me getting old but the site of a beautiful bikini clad woman presenting the latest Ridgid groove roller just doesn't do it for me anymore.

These calenders were outlawed in my house years ago along with the girly magazines. Pin-up girls used to be the norm but now they have been banned on most of the jobsite I work on.

I still have a few collector editions from years past tucked away.

Who's with me?..............anyone?.......someone?

Comment

"I've got a few tucked away...".Still the testosterone overloaded teenager with a little something between the mattresses Mr. CRACK?

Good to see your keepng your hair folicles nurished

Happy Sunday,see you soon

Comment

Clicked on your pictures there Rick, and it says you are a spam...

Won't open up...

Sh!t, now your post disappeared completely....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

actually josh gave away free calendars back in march.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=free+calendar

i've been working on my april calendar shoot and i just got back from my costa rica shoot. this was an adventure trip.

so here is a sneak peak of me repelling down the water falls.

rick.

sorry about the small photo size. i will have to get the original file and enlarge it. maybe later today? it only came through as 3.9mb.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-02-2007, 11:04 AM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Those are pretty cool pictures of you "repeling" a lot of water.Probably make a good commercial for Scotch Guard.EEH-HE-HEEEE

I'm sorry buddy,your just so easy to tease,besides your tough enough to handle it without crying

Can you tell I'm bored again.

Comment

I've worked in a factory environment most of my life. In the early years finding the Ridgid calender and many far less tasteful, was the norm. Even in the offices, many of the male brood would have such calendars.

We used to joke that was, "back when men were men... and so were most of the women"

Today, it is simply not an acceptable practice. Actually I can understand that, as I sure wouldn't care to walk into anyone's office if they were displaying nude or semi-nude pictures of men. So while I think the Ridgid calander is done with some sense of taste, others are not; and where does one draw the line.

We have a number of women working in the shops and offices of most businesses today. Having a woman in the mix all too often brings out the crude and rather ugly side of some men. I don't really understand it, as I was raised to know that being a gentleman is not only an honorable trait, but is a mark of a civilized person. That's not to say that I'm not totally appreciative of feminine beauty and certainly desire is a wonderful thing. However, displaying it in such public places as many of our work environments is not comfortable for a lot of people.

For my own shop, well I do have a wife, female friends and relatives, and a couple of very young grandsons. So, about as sexy as my shop is going to get is displaying a Ridgid logo, if I can get Josh to send me one!

CWS

Comment

So I guess the beaches and lakes are going to either be substancially less populated or we are going to see a lot more fully clothed people sunning themselves

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Years ago when I started out in the trades it was a welcomed distraction to see Ridgid's interest in giving us a break from looking at beards,beer bellies with hairy backs and realize that there is beauty outside the cage.
                    Yep DH! Some of the places where I used to enjoy those Ridgid calendars were the production office on top of the hill at Rincon, the Union Oil district office up the street a few blocks from the Pierpont and of course on the Union platforms just afew miles out and last the office at the pier at Carpenteria where the crewboats left to go to the platforms until they blew out a spud pipe and got oil all over those beautiful beaches where those great California girls in very small bikini's love to show off what they have.for the guys who still like to look.
                    Send me a calendar until they take it from my cold dead hand.....Ray

Comment

I was looking out at those same piers a few days ago Ray,too cold for the teeny weeny bikini girls.Hopefully I'll be seeing more of them this spring when we go fishing out in the "GAP".The pylons provide good magnet for seabass.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        actually josh gave away free calendars back in march.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=free+calendar

i've been working on my april calendar shoot and i just got back from my costa rica shoot. this was an adventure trip.

so here is a sneak peak of me repelling down the water falls.

rick.

sorry about the small photo size. i will have to get the original file and enlarge it. maybe later today? it only came through as 3.9mb.
                        Are you making commercial for your #b#u#t#t #or for ridgid tools? Cause I didn't see any ridgid advertising except your butt?

How do we know it isn't a double? Cannot see your face
                        Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                          This isn't a tool in the strict sense of the word of course, but for many of us a Ridgid Calendar adorned with beautiful women in the shop to warm us during a cold winter day is almost a necessity.
                          After college graduation I went to work for Rockwell selling flow measurment and control equipment. After training in plants in Pennsylvania I was sent to Texas to see and learn how our equipment was used in the oil fields there. One memory that has remained with me for 40 years is the connection between oilfield production and Ridgid calenders. Every oil facility we went to in Texas regardless of whether it was executive offices in Huston or the most wind blown, oil spattered drilling shack in west Texas the common denominator was a Ridgid calendar on the wall. It was always a welcome sight and may have been one of the reasons I stayed in that business for twenty years.
                          I checked out the Ridge Tool site yesterday and checked out the 07-08 calendar for sale for $10. Anyway my idea was that Ridgid should offer the Calendar for free if a person purchases enough Ridgid products. They could use the MyEbox registration to keep track of the number or amount of purchases. They could set an amount of maybe $250 to qualify.
                          Anyway it's a snowy day and my thoughts turned to lovely women and thought this might be a good idea.
                          What do you think?
                          I agree with Crack...

Anyways why should the calendar be for free? You think they are shooting for free????

Comment

Hmmm, that looks like a good time for a rainsuit and a good pair of goloshes!

Looks like that faucet had a big leak......
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

ok finally got the new higher resolution photo.

it's not what you think, but you get the point.
                              Attached Files
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X