X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Impact and Drill Kit

What we need is an Impact driver to go with the Compact drill Li-ion as a 2pce kit. Just like Makita's compact kit.

Re: Compact Impact and Drill Kit

That would be nice as long as they beef up those lame 1.5 AH batteries. The very least Ridgid should provide is a 2.4AH lithium to equal Ryobi. I'll buy the extra tools I don't need just to get some decent 2.4 or higher AH lithiums I can use in my other 18 volt Ridgid tools! 12 volt lithiums would also be welcomed for use in my Ridgid right angle impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      That would be nice as long as they beef up those lame 1.5 AH batteries. The very least Ridgid should provide is a 2.4AH lithium to equal Ryobi. I'll buy the extra tools I don't need just to get some decent 2.4 or higher AH lithiums I can use in my other 18 volt Ridgid tools! 12 volt lithiums would also be welcomed for use in my Ridgid right angle impact.
      I agree that a package that would combine the excellent Ridgid 18V LI compact drill and the MaxSelect Impact tool would be sweet. Larger capacity batteries might be nice however I would suggest that anyone who describes them as "lame" hasn't used them on a daily basis like I have for several months now. The simple truth is they provide great runtime, have never overheated and don't posess any quirks, such as the Ridgid 24V LI batteries do. I find the tradeoff of light weight vs the longer runtime of a larger and heavier battery perfectly acceptable. One can get an indication of how the charecter and usability of a tool is changed by replacing the 1 1/2 Amp 18V LI battery with the 24V LI battery on the MaxSelect impact tool. Although the power might be greater it changes that tool from something that is light and well balanced to a porky pig. I haven't yet used either of these tools for the battery draining job of driving deck screws on a big deck, however I have driven a large number of screws in a day and did it on one battery.
      The bottom line is I find the combination of either of these tools and the 1 1/5Amp batteries to be excellent jobsite performers. Despite what some people say, bigger is not always better...Ray
      Last edited by roadrashray; 12-10-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Ray, you speak from experience with this tool, so I won't argue from that stand point. I was and still am disappointed to have invested close to $500.00 on my Ridgid five piece 18 volt set and when Ridgid introduces a 18 volt lithium battery it is only 1.5AH's. Did they not expect current owners of these 18 volt tools to want the benefits of a lithium battery? Ryobi had no problem marketing a 2.4AH lithium and at a very low cost.
        Their's back fits all their other tools and the higher AH allows for longer run times at greater performance. The weight of these newer batteries happens to be quite light so there is a happy medium between the low 1.5AH of the compact lithium and the 3.0AH of the 24 volt lithium. I like my Ridgid !8 volt tools and I would like to buy some of the max select. I would like to see the brand do well and have consumer purchases and confidence increase. I have read on this Forum that a higher 18 volt lithium is in the works and I hope that's true. I'm glad you are enjoying your compact drill and lithium batteries, that tells me the product was well made and when the higher AH's show up in Home Depot I won't hesitate to buy them. Please understand that when I said "lame" I was specifically referring to the relatively low AH compared to my current nicads and other lithiums such as the Ryobi's. Sounds like you made a good purchase for your needs.

Comment

Working...
        X