Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you use my tool????

Originally posted by kevkahuna View Post
    Cool, thanks for the tip. I just looked them up, they look like good pumps, but a little overkill and a little pricey, so maybe there is a niche market.

Edit: I must have looked at the wrong ones cause they weren't $20, I'll double check.
    I dont know actual price..company gave me one....shop manger told me they were about $20 at supply house....when I first asked him to get me one....

Comment

i use the small 1 gal shop vac to .it is a multi tool so i have more room for other tools
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        I need to apologize in advance.
        My wife just walked over, saw the threads title and almost fell over laughing.
        End of segway, carry on.
        Haha, usually I'm the one that starts laughing at things like this. I didn't even realize it when I made the title.

Comment

Ya it seems like alot of people use the wet/dry vacs.

The pump does seem like it would be viable though, as a couple people have said they use hand pumps.

It's just a small freestanding pump w/ 2 hoses, 1 for a bucket and 1 for the toilet, etc. It has a spring-loaded handle, so you're pumping down against the floor, instead of pulling up like with the bilge pumps.

Maybe not perfect, but I think it would be better than a bilge pump, and cheaper than the priming pumps.

Pumping in to bucket and dumping it down the tub sounds faster than messing w/ shopvac, but then again maybe it's my shopvac. I only have a big, and medium vac and they're a bit of a pain to open and dump.

Comment

Ya it seems like alot of people use the wet/dry vacs.

The pump does seem like it would be viable though, as a couple people have said they use hand pumps.

It's just a small freestanding pump w/ 2 hoses, 1 for a bucket and 1 for the toilet, etc. It has a spring-loaded handle, so you're pumping down against the floor, instead of pulling up like with the bilge pumps.

Maybe not perfect, but I think it would be better than a bilge pump, and cheaper than the priming pumps.

Pumping in to bucket and dumping it down the tub sounds faster than messing w/ shopvac, but then again maybe it's my shopvac. I only have a big, and medium vac and they're a bit of a pain to open and dump.
            You you would be pumping pushing down but refilling the pump with the upward motion. using a larger discharge hose than intake more energy would be used pulling up.
            Scott

Comment

Haha, usually I'm the one that starts laughing at things like this. I didn't even realize it when I made the title.
              On that note, maybe I should at least attempt to contribute to the topic.
              I had an idea, back in the mid nineties. ('94)
              It occured to me that transmissions were pretty rudimentary, despite all the new breakthroughs in alloys, combustion technology, electronics and cooling for engines...transmission technology was still pretty stagnant.
              I sat down and started drawing, thinking, obsessing and finally a few designs drawn up for a transmission that didn't need to shift, it just smoothly adjusted itself for torque vs speed as needed.
              After a couple of days at the library of congress doing a patent search, and learning that applying for the patent was a surprizingly expensive and complicated.
              I put it on the backburner for a while.

Two years ago I watched a commercial for a new type of transmission now in mass production, it was called the "CVR"...I had dubbed it the "UVR"..Universally variable transmission years before.
              In a frenzy, I went online and looked it up..thinking someone had stolen my idea..the patent had been applied for in 1987 (if I recall).
              I was both disappointed and relieved.
              Disappointed my idea had already been thought out, relieved that it really WAS a great idea.

Edison was and is the icon for the TRUE spirit of inventors...it took him hundreds of prototypes to make a working light bulb...never gave up, just kept trying until finally one worked.

You're idea may, or may not be marketable.
              Whatever the outcome...DON'T give up thinking of new idea's.
              One day, maybe when I'm retired, I'll have a little shop where I can tinker to my hearts content...with or without reinventing the wheel.
              To me, nothing is comparable to the enjoyment of discovery.
              Nothing.

Comment

1% inspiration, 99% perspiration... most of us give out during the perspiration phase
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                X