14" Bandsaw Question....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Bandsaw Question....

Just picked up a Ridgid 14" bandsaw (slightly used) and was wondering if Ridgid (or anyone else) makes an extention so that I can resaw more than a 6" wide board.

joey

Re: 14" Bandsaw Question....

Ridgid has one but it's expensive. Grizzly has one that fits the Ridgid BS for around $60 I believe. I can't recall the Grizzly part number off hand but I'm sure someone here can supply you with that.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by jgnov99 View Post
      Just picked up a Ridgid 14" bandsaw (slightly used) and was wondering if Ridgid (or anyone else) makes an extention so that I can resaw more than a 6" wide board.

joey
      Joey: It is called a Riser kit. Not only does it include the block and long bolt to raise the top wheel, it also includes extensions for the blade guards, and a longer rod for the top blade guide. A 6" riser kit is the common size, which will give you a 12" resaw capability, if your saw has the power and stiffness to handle it. You will also need 12" longer blades which don't come with the kits and usually can't be found in HD or Lowes. You will probably have to order them, or go to a Woodcraft store or the like to get them.

Go
      Last edited by Gofor; 01-27-2008, 07:11 PM.
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Just saw a post from a Ridgid BS owner on another forum. He said the riser kit for the Grizzly G0555 fits perfectly.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
        X