X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexible or Soft Cable for See Snake Micro

I would like to see an extension cable for the See Snake Micro made of a soft cable (no armor) to allow the use of the 3 foot camera cable with one hand while holding the viewing head comfortably with the other hand.

Mike

Re: Flexible or Soft Cable for See Snake Micro

basically you're talking about a jumper cable to allow for movement of the monitor without the camera head moving.

this has been discussed with ridgid and is a good idea for awkward situations.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Mike, are you talking about something that you could just hold in your hand and reach somewhere you can't see? For example if you are trying to look up in an encosed attic through a small hold you can fit your hand through... if you could hold the camera head without the stiffness of the cable trying pull itself away?

Josh

Originally posted by mkelleyp View Post
      I would like to see an extension cable for the See Snake Micro made of a soft cable (no armor) to allow the use of the 3 foot camera cable with one hand while holding the viewing head comfortably with the other hand.

Mike

Comment

Josh, I am looking for a regular, soft flexible cable, similar to a regular coax cable tv cable or audio cable with the same connectors as the 3' cable extensions currently provided with the See Snake Micro. The advantage would be that the camera cable would not be "hard tethered" to the viewing head with the stiff armored cable. This would allow you to fish the camera cable up a wall, close to the floor for example, and still hold the viewing head in a comfortable position in front of your face. You could even rotate the camera in the wall to get a better perspective without having to twist the viewing head with it. The camera would remain on its current 3' armored cable to allow controlled manipulation. I hope this makes more sense.

Mike

Comment

i thought that's what i was saying too

that is a fairly simple request and also a needed accessory. it will make for easy inspections in out of the way locations. allows for simple rotation of the camera while maintaining a good viewing angle.

don't you remember josh

time will tell

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X