X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 inch sliding mitersaw

i think a 10 inch would be a great saw to add to your tool line. 10 sliding miter saw, almost every other major brand offers so why not doit ?

Re: 10 inch sliding mitersaw

I agree. The 10" saw was perfect for what I use mine for but the ability to cut wider stock is what is missing. I simply couldn't justify spending the extra money for the 12" radial arm saw.

Comment

Imagine if they came out with a combination 18/24 volt cordless and AC model? They could really grab the market in a big way. No cords to drag when cutting a few pieces of molding and you could still use AC for the longer jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Imagine if they came out with a combination 18/24 volt cordless and AC model? They could really grab the market in a big way. No cords to drag when cutting a few pieces of molding and you could still use AC for the longer jobs.
        I'm not an EE, so I don't know all the technical problems; but on another thread someone said that doing a transformer that would meet the load requirements requires a lot of weight.

But, if they do it like a laptop power supply it could reduce the weight of the tool itself. Have a connector to the tool with a wire going to a power brick (I would want at least like a 12' cord here, but with the option to buy extensions), and then the brick can plug into the wall.

If I had this option, I would be only cordless tools with whatever the battery platform was, because I know that dead batteries won't turn the tool into a doorstop, which I've had happen with a few laptops.

Comment

There are some manufacturers such as DeWalt that offer a wide array of cordless tools some of which are cordless mitre saws and 1/2inch heavy duty impact guns. I have switched to cordless for many of my tool needs and it is great to not use an extension cord anymore. My next purchase will be a 1/2 inch heavy duty impact gun for automotive work, unfortunately Ridgid does not make this tool so I am forced to buy another brand and have yet another charger and batteries.

Comment

I see the other house brand of Home Depot is sell a 10 inch siding compound miter.

how hard would it be for Ridgid to retool the 12 inch saw into a 10 inch saw, you have the large saw now just make it smaller, but keep the power and base size just make it spin a smaller blade safely
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X