• Show
Clear All

• Get Paid For Your Tool Ideas

Where's the thread that says "GET PAID FOR YOUR TOOL IDEAS"

No free R&D.

J.C.

Re: Get Paid For Your Tool Ideas

Ha, Good one JC.

If I had a great tool idea I doubt I would post it here. I would be seeing a patent lawyer.

If you send me 19.99 I will tell you how to make money from home.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Heck send me your idea and I'll help you for just $12.00 and save you some money.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'll do it for $10 and even provide a receipt.
        Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
          I'll do it for $10 and even provide a receipt.
          Jim Don
          HACK!

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

http://www.inventions.org/
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Make a simple bit holder that can be added on to the Ridgid drills that don't have one. I like my 24volt combo set, but can't understand why Ridgid didn't include at least one bit holder in the drill body somewhere. This is a big ommision.

Comment

Homer, do you really use those holders, or is this a simpson thang?
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I think there's a difference between giving a suggestion and handing out a blueprint for a product. Getting something(such as navitrack scout) would be nice for ideas that have materialized into products.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I think there's a difference between giving a suggestion and handing out a blueprint for a product.
                    Legally there is. Financially there isn't.
                    Read up on patent laws vs. copyright laws.

Fortunes have been made on ideas alone, without the inventor ever coming close to a drawing board, let alone a manufacturing plant. Heck, Microsoft tried to patent right mouse button click.
                    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                      Legally there is. Financially there isn't.
                      Read up on patent laws vs. copyright laws.

Fortunes have been made on ideas alone, without the inventor ever coming close to a drawing board, let alone a manufacturing plant. Heck, Microsoft tried to patent right mouse button click.
                      Speaking about mice, I would like to see a really good well thought out one for left hand use. I'm right handed but know several people that are very much left handed. While there are mice made for either hand, how about a true left hand mouse that doesn't require setup. Just plug it into a USB port and off you go. Let the OS never know the difference. Just reverse the button connections inside the mouse and change the shape. I've contacted both Logitech and Microsoft about this. They think it's a great idea but they never produce them. I guess they don't like left handed people.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        Speaking about mice, I would like to see a really good well thought out one for left hand use. I'm right handed but know several people that are very much left handed. While there are mice made for either hand, how about a true left hand mouse that doesn't require setup. Just plug it into a USB port and off you go. Let the OS never know the difference. Just reverse the button connections inside the mouse and change the shape. I've contacted both Logitech and Microsoft about this. They think it's a great idea but they never produce them. I guess they don't like left handed people.
                        Unless you have a particularly fancy mouse, they are symmetrical; so reversing them in the OS is going to be your best bet. You need to do that anyway, otherwise things like a laptop touchpad could be out of whack with the plugged in mouse. It also adds no cost to have an OS reversal; but would add cost to have two versions of a mouse. Plus who would stock them, only 13% of the population is left handed and if it is going to make the product cost more even less than 13% of the population would be interested in it.

Comment

CPW

True about the shape. For fun I took apart an old spare mouse I had and switched connections. Now it works just like a normal one but the buttons are reversed. Let's say that only 3% of all people in the USA would be willing to pay a little more for an easy left hand mouse that adds up to some good $$$.

By the way it's fun to have both mice connected at the same time. Both are the same brand and model.

Self note to me: Go back to bed LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X