18v coffee maker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v coffee maker

First off i dont know why i should be 'giving' ideas away... I'm betting the engineer who came up with that lame a** thumb rolling detent bypass knob on the new ridgid miter saws WISHES he had thought of the 18v coffee maker. I bet there's plenty of 'product development' money to go around. How about for every idea ridgid uses, the idea 'inventor' gets one free, at least.

Re: 18v coffee maker

Do you think this could actually work? I wonder if there is enough energy in a fully charged 18V battery to brew a couple cups of coffee. Heating elements are power hogs and would drain a battery pretty fast I would think. You'd have to crunch some numbers and see if there is enough power in the battery to raise the temperature of the water to 190 degrees for a given volume of water to see if it is feasible.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Do you think this could actually work? I wonder if there is enough energy in a fully charged 18V battery to brew a couple cups of coffee. Heating elements are power hogs and would drain a battery pretty fast I would think. You'd have to crunch some numbers and see if there is enough power in the battery to raise the temperature of the water to 190 degrees for a given volume of water to see if it is feasible.
      You just squashed my dream...

Comment

Ridgid should team up with Tasimo for a cordless ridgid version. it would be ideal since its a one cup system and they use pucks of coffee, or hot chocolate ect.

Comment

Working...
        X