18v coffee maker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v coffee maker

First off i dont know why i should be 'giving' ideas away... I'm betting the engineer who came up with that lame a** thumb rolling detent bypass knob on the new ridgid miter saws WISHES he had thought of the 18v coffee maker. I bet there's plenty of 'product development' money to go around. How about for every idea ridgid uses, the idea 'inventor' gets one free, at least.

Re: 18v coffee maker

Do you think this could actually work? I wonder if there is enough energy in a fully charged 18V battery to brew a couple cups of coffee. Heating elements are power hogs and would drain a battery pretty fast I would think. You'd have to crunch some numbers and see if there is enough power in the battery to raise the temperature of the water to 190 degrees for a given volume of water to see if it is feasible.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Do you think this could actually work? I wonder if there is enough energy in a fully charged 18V battery to brew a couple cups of coffee. Heating elements are power hogs and would drain a battery pretty fast I would think. You'd have to crunch some numbers and see if there is enough power in the battery to raise the temperature of the water to 190 degrees for a given volume of water to see if it is feasible.
      You just squashed my dream...

Comment

Ridgid should team up with Tasimo for a cordless ridgid version. it would be ideal since its a one cup system and they use pucks of coffee, or hot chocolate ect.

Comment

Working...
        X