Ridgid cell phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid cell phone

i too have switched back to the nextel i355 phone.

it's bullet proof and the ringer is the best.

bla-bla-bla-bla-blah

i wish it had a camera though as it would make it simple to grab a photo or 2.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Maybe you blokes should look at this phone.
      It is a Sonim XP 1 it is virtually unbreakable and here they will give you a new one at the store if you break it within three years.
      They are base model phones but hopefully I will get more than a year out of it.

http://www.toughestphone.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bMu-6rdGhI
      Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 10-28-2008, 06:27 AM.

Comment

never heard of this phone company. not sure if they're imported to the usa?

i'll attach one to the front of my pipe puller and drag it through the next ditch while it's on to hear the progress of the pipe breaking

send me one, i'll put it through the ultimate test

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          After breaking yet another cell phone I have come to realize these things just can not stand a harsh environment. You guys should make a cell phone that has no frills, just able to store a bunch of #'s a few ring tones. Kind of like the jitter bug phone but tough.... A phone that can stand to be in a construction environment. A TOUGH phone. The Ridgid Job Site phone
          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Will the Ridgid cell phone charge nicads and lithiums?
          See, therein lies the problem. We'd end up getting a Ridgid phone, yes, but it would end up being designed as a MaxSelect phone, able to use all types of the 18 or 24 volt batteries. Good luck fitting that in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            Before I became a house cat and was out in the field I got a blackberry and a "otterbox" case for it. The case is fantastic. In fact it made it look like it was made by another tool company, and I would have got a ridgid orange one if it was available because I am a dork. Eli
            You said it, not us.

(I would too, actually. )

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              I also am on NexTel, but I stay away from the flipping flip phones, they look too fragile to me. My current is the i355. They must have recently dropped it from their lineup, it was there a couple weeks ago when I was thinking about getting the Blackberry 7100i.

The i355 speakerphone has plenty of volume, and the mic is sensitive enough I can set in down on the desk and walk around the office and talk to someone.

Rugged Design: Performs in extreme conditions:
              • Resists drops, dust, vibration from heavy machinery, extreme hot or cold temperatures, low pressure, and solar radiation.
              • Certified to Military Standard 810F for the above conditions.
              My previous was the i58sr, which the current model i615 looks to be pretty much the same thing. A plus for the i355 was I could use the batteries from the i58sr, so now I have three batteries, enough to last me a week. I keep one in the charger, one I carry as a spare, and one in the phone.
              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

bla-bla-bla-bla-blah

rick.
              we use this phone and it is big but it is tough
              i like that if you are out of phone service you can switch the phone to direct talk and use it like a walkie talkie
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

And to this day, I still like this idea about a Ridgid phone. My contract ends this month, so Ridgid, I'm ready!!!!!
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

bla-bla-bla-bla-blah

rick.
                  The Bla-bla-bla=blah is for everyone except the wife, I use a different ring tone for her. Yes, a camera would be nice but I can live w/o it. I'd rather have Bluetooth in this model than a camera though.

Rick, you need to clean out your PMs, it's full and no one can send you anything, but maybe that's how you want it.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    The Bla-bla-bla=blah is for everyone except the wife,

That's what I keep telling him!

Rick, you need to clean out your PMs, it's full and no one can send you anything, but maybe that's how you want it.
                    I've been telling him this too Maybe he'll listen to you
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Hey Bob D., I love this:

Years Experience: 30+

So, are you taking any apprentices???? I'm sure I could receive a Leave-Of-Absence from the northern and frozen woods to come down there and play. I swear I'll only touch the big red button when you tell me to, and not a second sooner! Hey, I'll even bring you some yummy Canadian I.M.P.'s to make you feel full and content, while I play with the toys (we don't get enough play time up here, and not enough with the good stuff!). Come on Bob. Please. With sugar and RDX and Astrolite on top? Even a quaint little cherry bomb. Come on, Bob!!!! PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll go sit in the corner now.

Comment

Working...
                      X