X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid cell phone

After breaking yet another cell phone I have come to realize these things just can not stand a harsh environment.

You guys should make a cell phone that has no frills, just able to store a bunch of #'s a few ring tones. Kind of like the jitter bug phone but tough.

Water proof or at least water resistant so if I'm caught in the rain my phone will still work.

If I get dirt/sand in it, it should still work.

In pact resistant so when I drop it from 10' it will still work.

No games in it, no camera in it, no getting on the Internet with it, no ability to text(maybe)

A phone that can stand to be in a construction environment. A TOUGH phone.
    The Ridgid Job Site phone
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Ridgid cell phone

I use a nextel 502, it is the hybrid and has a rubber coating so that if you drop it it bounces back, ran it over with a backhoe once, didnt even break teh screen. I have some guys that swear by the verizon, g'zone

Comment

I have the Verizon G'Zone

I clean it after dinner by tossing it in the dishwasher

Comment

I sure like this idea.....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

how is the Verizon push to talk
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Same as Sprint/Nextel service

I push and I talk but no one hears me

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              I use a nextel 502, it is the hybrid and has a rubber coating so that if you drop it it bounces back, ran it over with a backhoe once, didnt even break teh screen. I have some guys that swear by the verizon, g'zone
              I also am on NexTel, but I stay away from the flipping flip phones, they look too fragile to me. My current is the i355. They must have recently dropped it from their lineup, it was there a couple weeks ago when I was thinking about getting the Blackberry 7100i.

The i355 speakerphone has plenty of volume, and the mic is sensitive enough I can set in down on the desk and walk around the office and talk to someone.

Rugged Design: Performs in extreme conditions:
              • Resists drops, dust, vibration from heavy machinery, extreme hot or cold temperatures, low pressure, and solar radiation.
              • Certified to Military Standard 810F for the above conditions.
              My previous was the i58sr, which the current model i615 looks to be pretty much the same thing. A plus for the i355 was I could use the batteries from the i58sr, so now I have three batteries, enough to last me a week. I keep one in the charger, one I carry as a spare, and one in the phone.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

In the past I've gotten phones from other people that don't do what we do so they're in decent shape.

They get bored with them or have to have the new thing or gadget. Just change out the SIM card. Did that for 5 or 6 years. Recently had to buy one though as mine broke and noone was in transition.

J.C.

Comment

Will the Ridgid cell phone charge nicads and lithiums?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    In the past I've gotten phones from other people that don't do what we do so they're in decent shape.

They get bored with them or have to have the new thing or gadget. Just change out the SIM card. Did that for 5 or 6 years. Recently had to buy one though as mine broke and noone was in transition.

J.C.
                    Come on a new phone isn't that bad. My Virgin mobile phone was $14.99 'cause I splurged and got a flip phone instead of the $9.99 one. No contract either.

Comment

I've got to look at the monthly pay/no contract ones Charles. Might be good for me. Haven't had the time yet.

Thanks for the reminder.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

Can I use this phone with a cingular plan?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Last I checked Ben, no. The best one I found reviewed for simplicity & toughness available for ATT/Cingular is the Motorola V365 or whatever the current similar model is. You know, sometimes they change one number and call it new. This is what I use. Light rubber coating on the shell.

My buddy uses the Verizon phone. Doesn't hold a charge too long according to him. But how long do you really need it? I think he said it lasts about 2 days with very limited talking. It's a tough MilSpec phone.

I was even going to pony up for one. Until I learned it wouldn't work on ATT.

J.C.

Comment

Before I became a house cat and was out in the field I got a blackberry and a "otterbox" case for it. The case is fantastic. In fact it made it look like it was made by another tool company, and I would have got a ridgid orange one if it was available because I am a dork.

But anyway, if you are willing to spend $50 on a case it will make it a tank. It is drop proof, at least has been so far. It has hit the concrete out of my pocket about 3 or 4 times, and when I do take it out it looks pristine. It also keeps about 99% of the dust out, and as a hammer ape who was routing mdf constantly that is saying a lot.

Here is the one I got http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-c...defender-case/

They make them for iphones and others as well. I highly recommend it if you have a phone you want to keep for any length of time.

Eli
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I have the Verizon G'Zone

I clean it after dinner by tossing it in the dishwasher
                              Me too, I have had it for over a year. Dropped it, dragged it, washed off teh dirt. Its awesome.
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X