1/2" Heavy Duty Impact Wrench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/2" Heavy Duty Impact Wrench

I am trying Frank, if this new anvil fits as I suspect it will, and I can some how up the torque (I am going to try) I will let you in on my findings. I am guessing if I shim the tension spring, I should be able to get more torque out of the unit. Something I should be able to do with washers I think. That or even find a new spring and replace the stock OEM one with a heavier unit. Now, granted this means I might reduce the life of the entire deal, but I think its worth a shot at least. I just wish the refurbished units of the impact were cheaper, as I would maybe buy a few of them, make the modifications and send some out to people like you to give them a run and see how they work and last. If they lasted, I could maybe look into buying, modifying and selling them to those who want this tool that Ridgid has been dragging its rear end on producing. The sad thing is, the unit we want already exists in house, its just wrapped in red plastic instead of orange....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      I am trying Frank, if this new anvil fits as I suspect it will, and I can some how up the torque (I am going to try) I will let you in on my findings. I am guessing if I shim the tension spring, I should be able to get more torque out of the unit. Something I should be able to do with washers I think. That or even find a new spring and replace the stock OEM one with a heavier unit. Now, granted this means I might reduce the life of the entire deal, but I think its worth a shot at least. I just wish the refurbished units of the impact were cheaper, as I would maybe buy a few of them, make the modifications and send some out to people like you to give them a run and see how they work and last. If they lasted, I could maybe look into buying, modifying and selling them to those who want this tool that Ridgid has been dragging its rear end on producing. The sad thing is, the unit we want already exists in house, its just wrapped in red plastic instead of orange....
      Cowboy, don't knock yourself out. The torque on any of the other true 1/2"
      impacts is well over 240ftlbs, more than twice that of our little orange friend. Changing the anvil may make it look like a heavy weight, but it won't make it act like one. DeWalt-300ftlbs, Milwaukee M18-450ftlbs. I can't go on my eyes are tearing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Cowboy, don't knock yourself out. The torque on any of the other true 1/2"
        impacts is well over 240ftlbs, more than twice that of our little orange friend. Changing the anvil may make it look like a heavy weight, but it won't make it act like one. DeWalt-300ftlbs, Milwaukee M18-450ftlbs. I can't go on my eyes are tearing up.
        If I dont knock myself out, I am not trying hard enough!

This impact is around 125 ft lbs stock, I am determined to get at least 200 if not more, but I need to find out how to test it, anyone know?

You gotta remember, I drive a truck that started out stock at 235hp and 406 ft lbs and is sitting at 408hp and 832 ft lbs currently! Trust me, you can "Tim Allen" just about anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          If I dont knock myself out, I am not trying hard enough!

This impact is around 125 ft lbs stock, I am determined to get at least 200 if not more, but I need to find out how to test it, anyone know?

You gotta remember, I drive a truck that started out stock at 235hp and 406 ft lbs and is sitting at 408hp and 832 ft lbs currently! Trust me, you can "Tim Allen" just about anything...
          I think you got two choices, swap the motor and gears from the DeWalt, or paint the DeWalt orange and glue a Ridgid sticker on it.
          Seriously, the little impact does what is was designed for just fine, it needs a big brother to take on the tough jobs. If Milwaukee can get 450ftlbs of torque out of their 18volt impact wrench so can Ridgid!

Comment

I too want an 1/2 impact so much that I chose it to be my first post.

Comment

Working...
            X