X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical tools

electrical tools!!!! not just hand tools but things like benders, hot boxes, other conduit tools wire racks and wheels. ect.

Re: electrical tools

Tools that are included in my toolbox are:

Fish Tape
    Tape Measure
    Voltmeter
    Hammer
    Channel Lock Pliers
    Wire Strippers
    Non-Contact Voltage Detector
    Side Cutter Diagonal Pliers
    Linesman Pliers
    Torpedo Level
    Flashlight
    Allen Wrench Set
    Razor Blade Knife
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Straight-Blade Screwdriver
    Wire Crimpers

pretty much vital when on the road all have a spesific use and are the best at what they do. I think every electrician needs these tools to hand if he is to do his job properly
    Electrical Services - Electrical repair maintenance service

Comment

I don't do too much electrical work, though it seems like all the Greenlee and Klein tools I've seen are expensive. If Ridgid were to start making some, they'd have to be competitive on both quality and price, which might be difficult since they don't even produce conventional hand tools to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by wathman View Post
        I don't do too much electrical work, though it seems like all the Greenlee and Klein tools I've seen are expensive. If Ridgid were to start making some, they'd have to be competitive on both quality and price, which might be difficult since they don't even produce conventional hand tools to my knowledge.
        AU CONTRAIRE....

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Hand-Tool-Kit

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Pipe-Wrenches

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Tubing-Cutters

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Flaring-Tools

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Manual-Ratchet-Threaders

AND THERE IS MORE!

Comment

Originally posted by wathman View Post
          The RIDGID plumbing tools are comparable to Greenlee and Klein electrical tools. They are both very high quality, but quality doesn't come cheap.

Comment

Nice, do they sell them at HD? Don't think I've seen any Ridgid electrical tools like those there, and I don't know anywhere else to look for them.

Comment

My plumbing is Ridgid. Pipe wrenches, power threaders and stands.
              The meters are Fluke.
              Tuggers, ropes and grips are Greenlee.
              Torque wrenches are Snap-On.
              Hand wrenches are Mac.
              Laptops are IBM.

We all have things we are good at. I let others be good at theirs. Things change and time will tell, but I try to err on the side of caution and never be left in the lurch.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE View Post
                My plumbing is Ridgid. Pipe wrenches, power threaders and stands.
                The meters are Fluke.
                Tuggers, ropes and grips are Greenlee.
                Torque wrenches are Snap-On.
                Hand wrenches are Mac.
                Laptops are IBM.

We all have things we are good at. I let others be good at theirs. Things change and time will tell, but I try to err on the side of caution and never be left in the lurch.
                Sounds like you do use the best of things and I agree with you. Over the years I've learned which brands outperform others and I would rather spend more money upfront than have to buy two or three times, or have a failure. The Greenlee Tugger I used to pull big telephone cables was fantastic, solid build quality and never disappointed.

Comment

Some plumbing or industrial supply houses sell RIDGID conduit benders. As for their other electrical tools, I think you best stay with brands that have a long proven track record. We all know Kline cutters and pliers "Get R Done" and well. Shhhhh It's KLEIN and not Kline.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE View Post
                    Laptops are IBM.

IBM did make great laptops, and in a sense still do. I still have a Thinkpad T42 at home that works fine. The Chinese computer corporation, Lenovo, owns their laptop branding but they've left the T series relatively unchanged. As for their own creation, "idea pad" series, I don't have much faith in those. If I need to get a new laptop in the future, I'd probably go with a T400

Comment

Working...
                    X