X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" drive Rigid pipe wrench head?

A few years back Rigid used to sell a steel pipe wrench with no handle that a 1/2" extention and rachet or breaker bar would snap into. Kind of like a heavy duty basin wrench. Great for close quarters under sinks for removing 1-1/2" and 2"nipples. Are they still available and if not I bet they would be popular at the plumbing supply houses. I would buy one or two.

Re: 1/2" drive Rigid pipe wrench head?

Would this special chain wrench help you? It's made by K-D Tools and is for oil filters but would work on pipe and threaded tubing too.

http://www.kd-tools.com/2595.htm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 02-01-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

the wrench you're referring to is commonly refered to as a "mc mannis" wrench.

of course i own one actually more like 3

2 ridgid's and a 3/4'' drive from "pasco" that came with my c/o wrench sockets

unfortunatly, ridgid discontinued them 6+ years back.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

here's a possible solution.

99% of the time you're using it for loosening.

get a 14'' cast ridgid wrench.

14'' is a great size

cut the handle off and tig weld a 1/2'' drive impact socket to the wrench. this will allow you to then snap a 1/2'' drive extension onto the wrench.

personally i would weld a 3/4'' drive socket as a 1/2'' breaker bar is a little flimsy.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Like Rick I have a few of the wrenches from a years ago and use the breaker bar and extension from my cleanout wrench set.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Well, I thought of making my own if I couldn't find one. After all we are plumbers and can do anything! Thanks for all your inputs guys.........

Comment

Speaking of cleanout wrenches an oxy acetylene torch is in my arsenal. Old schools with very old plumbing.................

Comment

any of you gentleman that have this discontinued ridgid wrench could you please upload a pick or link for one.
                Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

Working...
                X