X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right angle drill with electric brake

nothing like getting smashed in the face in the early morning. an electric brake on a right angle drill just makes sense.
    hot on the left, cold on the right... so hot ladies to the left and cold drinks to the right? lets hope gravity keeps em down all night!

Re: right angle drill with electric brake

Originally posted by timmydsuperstar View Post
    nothing like getting smashed in the face in the early morning. an electric brake on a right angle drill just makes sense.
    IMO most cordless tools do have some type of electric brake in there.

La plupart des outils ?* piles ont vraiment un certain type de frein électrique dans l?*.

Merci,Marc

Comment

Ye I think the smash in the face is needed on a Monday morning to wake up :P I just don’t think coffee does that good of a job. But ye would be nice to see them implement a brake of some sort
      24 Hour Electricians - Electric Repair & Maintenance Services

Comment

How about a slip clutch and/or an expendable part (soft key or such) that busts apart to help keep us from getting seriously injured?

I doubt the brake could act quick enough or that the operator would release the trigger before actually getting bashed.

Let's all of us keep bugging the tool manufactures to implement something to help make for safer tools, but it also needs to let the tool do it's job.
        Last edited by Woussko; 06-08-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,
          Ask and you shall receive. Take a look at the DeWalt DWD460 right angle drill. It has a clutch that slips and also what they call bind-up control to stop that monster should it bind in a hole. They also have a video on -line to take a look at. No, I am not connected with DeWalt at all. Just an answer to your question. And no, it is no fun having one of those right angle monsters hit you in the face any day of the week. Cheers,
          Jim Don

Comment

About the DeWalt DWD460
            http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=890095

Comment

Working...
            X