X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Rodder with built in Jetter

We have an old National Jet Rodding machine. Its huge and bulky and uses the same pump as the old Mustang Jetters did. It has two drums first has 1" stainless steel cable with 3/8" jet hose on the inside, and the cutters where held on with the jet nozzle. The other drum was a close wound 5/8 cable with a smaller hose but same concept. Sadly they where not around long enough to improve on the design. I recall Marco came out with one a while back. I will dig this beast out and take pictures later and post them up.

If Ridgid could prefect one, it would be a nice touch, the ability to use a cutter to clear hard blockages and the jetter running at the same time to clear the grease and sludge. Also you can inject a degreaser or a herbicide in with it.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Sewer Rodder with built in Jetter

i have toyed with that idea and 1 more idea up my sleeve.

the marco machine was the biggest joke, disappointment i've seen in a machine.

got to give them credit for actually engineering the design.

but who in their right mind could actually design a machine with such a little pump psi/ gpm

120 volt motor for the drum and 120 volt motor for the pump. you barley get any flow or pressure out of the unit. might as well pee in the line while you were snaking.

now if the machine was a gas powered jetter with the electric drum, then you might have a winner. but they couldn't even get it to work at the trade show well over 10 years ago. the jet nozzles were so small that unless they were running filtered water, they plugged up the nozzles and couldn't keep it clean.

even i didn't buy 1

i don't know how many they actually sold, but i've never seen one in the field.

next time they need to hire a plumber to consult with them before they waste their money on a unit that never worked

sorry marco, but i'm sure you feel the same way

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

not even sure if they update their website. look at their link and it still shows new

no info to download on the jet snake.

http://www.marcosnakes.com/

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Well Marco did one thing right though. They had a separate motor and pump for the jet. Where National used the two piston Mustang Pump attached to the drive shaft off the back of the drum. It only gave 800 PSI at 1.3 GPM and it to needed to filter or the nozzles would clog. But it did do a great job, there was a place that had a 4' and 6" sink lines that clogged chronically we used the cable jet and it lasted just over year before more build up happened so we put them on a yearly maintenance schedule. Then came out better jets for the application, so the unit got shelved. Thing is over 20 years old. I will try to get some pictures of it this weekend.

Thank you Rick for the link. My google ability was stunted last night.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
        X