X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Voltage Foot Switch

This is for all those of you that are using drum sewer and drain cleaning machines. For many years now it has been the industry standard to use air foot switches on these machines in the name of electrocution safety.

Have you ever been rodding a drain to have the drum stop due to the air bulb losing its air and you end up getting hung up. Or have you worn out an air bulb where you can not safely run your machine. Worse yet the bulb or hose for the air foot switch gets a tear in it now your machine will not run.

My solution is a solid state relay. I have been running one on a spartan 300 and 1065 as well as a k 750 for over 15 years now. It uses a 9 volt battery in the foot pedal with a positive on and off click switch. the 9 volts triggers the solid state relay which in turns runs the motor. It is that simple. I came up with this idea way back before I became a plumber and I was working in an electronics engineering lab. I tested it using VDE and UL standards and it passed with flying colors.

It is so nice to have a safe positive foot switch that only turns off when I take my foot off the pedal, not when I shift my weight. Also its easy to get a 9 volt battery verse a new air bulb, and its cheaper too.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Low Voltage Foot Switch

How much is one for a 1065?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Re: Low Voltage Foot Switch

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      How much is one for a 1065?
      The electronics only ran be around 20 bucks. I was able to scavenge an old A/C foot switch and wire it in to the low voltage part of the circuit.

I will take pictures later today and post them up soon.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
      X