X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectional Cable Case

I think a Sectional Cable Case might be something I'd like to see made.

Poly material type like your drum. A clamshell design so the steel cable holder could sit inside the bottom part when open. The top should be open to allow the holder handle to protrude for carrying.

Finally, work on a seal for the case. Don't want to lose any fluids when transporting from a finished area in a business or resident. Making the hinge about 1/3 way up would allow the bottom to be kind of a bowl when inverted to carry.

Thinking again.

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-05-2009, 09:45 PM.

Re: Sectional Cable Case

I can see what your saying.
    I protect my work area.
    But you would like something other than your ladies favorite towel wrapped around the cage when your walking down your customer's insanely white carpeted hallway.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I think a Sectional Cable Case might be something I'd like to see made.

Poly material type like your drum. A clamsell design so the steel cable holder could sit inside the bottom part when open. The top should be open to allow the holder handle to protrude for carrying.

Finally, work on a seal for the case. Don't want to lose any fluids when transporting from a finished area in a business or resident. Making the hinge about 1/3 way up would allow the bottom to be kind of a bowl when inverted to carry.

Thinking again.

J.C.
      And a Kung-Fu sticker to give it that special "Just like Mom used to" feeling.

Comment

Use the reel from a SeeSnake! There ya go Ridgid, just send me the check!! Already have the tooling for it!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          Use the reel from a SeeSnake! There ya go Ridgid, just send me the check!! Already have the tooling for it!
          Does it make me a wiener if I say I thunk of that?

They could use that. Just need to make a hole out of the top when it's vertical for the cage handle for carrying. Then some way to cap the normal SeeSnake hole.

If you get the check, you owe me Chicken Wings.

J.C.

Comment

Something like this?
            Attached Files
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              Something like this?
              Kind of. But the hole for the cage handle has to be there. The plastic handle couldn't handle the weight day to day.

J.C.

Comment

So the good year 215 75 r16 is out?

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                  So the good year 215 75 r16 is out?
                  I know some use them but I would like the case if it was available. I might have to get creative if they don't.

It might involve a van spare tire cover, some pipe cleaners, and duct tape.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Does it make me a wiener if I say I thunk of that?

They could use that. Just need to make a hole out of the top when it's vertical for the cage handle for carrying. Then some way to cap the normal SeeSnake hole.

If you get the check, you owe me Chicken Wings.

J.C.
                    Deal!!! Ill deliver too.... IF I get a check!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      Deal!!! Ill deliver too.... IF I get a check!
                      Hmmmm......let's sue each other over intellectual property instead.

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-06-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        Something like this?

same exact case i used for 125' of 3/4'' innerocore drum cable. very heavy with that cable and very, very strong.

i might go back to it for my 1.25'' innercore cable.

i use the ridgid factory cages to hold 90' of 7/8'' sectional. when i'm indoors, i just wrap a towel under it to carry it over carpet.

the motorcycle tires i presently use for 40' of 1.25'' innercore cable.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I use the General cages for my 1.25.
                          A 35gal (i think thats the size) trash bag fits nicely over the cage and still allows me to carry them the way I prefer (I don't carry by the handles).

I seam to remember seeing a canvas cover that can go over the cages, kinda like a tire cover but the bags work fine for me.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Since we are on the subject of sectional cages.

Any one see that show Pitch Men, with Billy Mayes the Oxy Clean guy?
                            Last week they did a spot on this harness that transfers the bulk of the weight in your hands to your shoulders.
                            Any one remember the name of it???

I was thinking this device would come in pretty handy when transporting cages. It doesn't take many sections of 1.25 innercore to get heavy.

It may even come in handy for you drum guys, lifting in/out of the van.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Handi Straps

http://handi-straps.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X