Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been A Few Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Been A Few Days

    Sorry, but it's been a few days since someone has posted with a new tool idea and before I embarass myself by begging for a New 18volt Ridgid tool (you know which one I want) I thought I'd ask if there is something in the pipeline for us die hard fans?

  • #2
    Re: Been A Few Days

    you mean, a 1/2" impact.... how dare you ask for such a tool!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Been A Few Days

      Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      you mean, a 1/2" impact.... how dare you ask for such a tool!
      Yep! The sound of silence is my answer. When I'm ready I'll probably buy the Milwaukee M-18, sounds like a real nice tool.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Been A Few Days

        Looks like I'll be tending to some DeWalt batteries pretty soon. Home Depot has that discount deal going on and I think I'll pick up the DeWalt 18 volt Impact wrench. Two batteries, charger and 300ft lbs of cordless impact strength, sounds too good to pass up at $225.00 plus tax. I would have preferred to stick with Ridgid but they are not offering such tools.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Been A Few Days

          Don't hold your breath on the 1/2" impact wrench, Frankie, if you actually have been.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Been A Few Days

            Franky.... What ya think of this.....

            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Been A Few Days

              BTW, No, that isnt photochopped....

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Been A Few Days

                Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                BTW, No, that isnt photochopped....
                Where, when, how???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Been A Few Days

                  Its a standard R8823 Maxselect Impact but I removed the Anvil and replaced it with a 1/2" Anvil from a Milwaukee Cordless Impact. It actually fit pretty good, but I need to see if I can find another anvil that is a better fit. The one I got fits in the housing perfectly (might have to grind it down a tad as the "wings" are the same length as the OEM one, but the taper on the end is ~1/32 different so it slightly rubs the housing.) The only part that didn't fit is that the OEM anvil doesn't have bearing in it. The anvil slips over a guide pin from the tension assembly, and the Milwaukee one I got has a bearing in this hole. The bearing was smaller than the guide pin so I was able to pry the "squirle cage" of the bearing out and after a touch up with a grinding cylinder to clean up the edge of the bearing case left behind, it slipped over it almost perfect. Just ever so slightly loose, but it works perfectly. The only other modification I had to make is I used a uni-bit (step bit) and had to remove a lip of the aluminum nose housing so the 1/2" end would slide through. That is the only modification to the original unit, but doesn't effect the impact from being put back together with the original parts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Been A Few Days

                    Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                    Its a standard R8823 Maxselect Impact but I removed the Anvil and replaced it with a 1/2" Anvil from a Milwaukee Cordless Impact. It actually fit pretty good, but I need to see if I can find another anvil that is a better fit. The one I got fits in the housing perfectly (might have to grind it down a tad as the "wings" are the same length as the OEM one, but the taper on the end is ~1/32 different so it slightly rubs the housing.) The only part that didn't fit is that the OEM anvil doesn't have bearing in it. The anvil slips over a guide pin from the tension assembly, and the Milwaukee one I got has a bearing in this hole. The bearing was smaller than the guide pin so I was able to pry the "squirle cage" of the bearing out and after a touch up with a grinding cylinder to clean up the edge of the bearing case left behind, it slipped over it almost perfect. Just ever so slightly loose, but it works perfectly. The only other modification I had to make is I used a uni-bit (step bit) and had to remove a lip of the aluminum nose housing so the 1/2" end would slide through. That is the only modification to the original unit, but doesn't effect the impact from being put back together with the original parts.
                    You had me go'in Cowboy. What a let down, kind of like the old days when a woman would stuff her bra. Sure it looked like the real deal but when you got down to it , it just wasn't what you expected.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Been A Few Days

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      ...kind of like the old days when a woman would stuff her bra. Sure it looked like the real deal but when you got down to it , it just wasn't what you expected.
                      That's called "false advertising".
                      Last edited by canucksartech; 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Been A Few Days

                        Come on guys, don't be to hard on a Guy that is just trying to find an answer for a tool that ridgid can't seem to pull their head out of their *** and build. And sick of breaking socket adapters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Been A Few Days

                          I found another anvil from another Milwaukee impact, and should have it in a couple days. If this one fits as I suspect it will, I will post up the part number for those interested.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X