X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bigger Edge Belt Sander

The RIDGID EB4424 Oscillating Edge Belt / Spindle Sander is nice tool but I'd like to see a big brother. Something that used readily available sanding belts like the 6"x48". A oscillating 6x48 would be a great size sander for home or small shop use. It should have a wrap-around table on the end of the belt so it can be used as a large diameter spindle sander, but no interchangeable spindles. A 4" dust port would be good too along with a enclosed cabinet/stand as standard equipment.

Grizzly offers a 6x80 for ~$700, Jet has a slightly smaller model in the same price range. I think RIDGID could have a winner with something in that uses the same size belt that many already have for their belt/disc sanders (6x48), this makes it more economical for users and there is a wide selection of belts already out there. A machine this size would fit in nicely between the EB4424 and the other manufacturers machines which are too big for the home shop.

Another tool that would be nice to see would be a wide belt sander in the 13 to 15" range.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: A bigger Edge Belt Sander

I'm with you on this Bob. My only complaint about the EB4424 is the size of the platen.

Comment

Re: A bigger Edge Belt Sander

Originally posted by hewood View Post
      I'm with you on this Bob. My only complaint about the EB4424 is the size of the platen.
      That's what keeps me from buying one, it's too small to be useful for the projects I build. With a 6x48 belt you would get around 20" of usable surface, over twice the length of the EB4424 I believe.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X