Tool Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Idea

This is not so much of a new tool idea as it is an idea about new tools.

Ya gotta let us know when you bring new tools out.

Otherwise we can't spend our hard earned dollars on them.

Attention RIDGID - YOU ARE LOSING MONEY THANKS TO POOR PLACEMENT AND/OR LACK OF PROPER MARKETING OF YOUR PRODUCTS BY HOME DEPOT. You seem to like it though, as nothing has changed in my local HDs in the past few years. Maybe you need a new district manager in southern NJ, or maybe the problem is nationwide, but either way you don't have a chance at the sales potential you could have if people only knew your products existed.

Case in point:

Did anyone know that RIDGID has a router bushing kit out
    that includes a centering guide for 1/2 and 1/4 collets?

I didn't until I spied one yesterday while in HD. But there it was plain as day, though hidden from view unless you looked at the very bottom of the rack which holds the accessories for power tools like planers knives, router bits, etc. If you brush aside the dust bunnies then you can see it. The bushings are Titanium coated steel, why I don't know. I always heard brass was better than steel.

A mere mention in the back of the router manual is not sufficient.
    This information can easily get missed by someone who just bought a RIDGID router and will never be seen by someone who has a router other than the RIDGID brand but would like to have this nice kit with its included centering guides.

You could at least put something in the new products section of the RIDGID web site.

At any rate, I know people have come here in the past looking for a router bushing kit. The RIDGID kit looks to be very nice. If I didn't already have a PC bushing kit I would buy it as it is a nicer kit overall, especially for the included centering guides.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 10-24-2009, 09:04 PM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Re: Tool Idea

Bob, I'm no marketing guy so I don't understand what the folks at Ridgid think when it comes to offering or announcing new tools. I'm pretty sure other maunfacturers such as Milwaukee, DeWalt and Bosch to name a few, offer a wide variety of similar cordless tools in order to compete with eachother and satisfy the demands of the buying public. I think Ridgid is losing business by offering such a limited array of cordless tools. They are very slow in getting the word out on new products, and while this may be some trick of the trade it is odd given how many businesses promote well in advance any new products about to hit the market. Sure the lifetime warranty is a good selling point, but can it compete against other quality tool lines that offer a vast assortment of tools?

Comment

Milwaukee has what they call the "Heavy Duty Club". If you're a member, they send you monthly news letters via e-mail announcing new tools, recalls, accesories, etc. Why can't Ridgid do the same thing since they already have a great forum with a membership full of loyal customers?

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
        Milwaukee has what they call the "Heavy Duty Club". If you're a member, they send you monthly news letters via e-mail announcing new tools, recalls, accesories, etc. Why can't Ridgid do the same thing since they already have a great forum with a membership full of loyal customers?
        Good question. Why don't they match the competition cordless tool for tool? Why the misinformation when you call to ask questions? Why did we have a debate over charging lithiums on the nicad chargers which went on for way too long? This is a great Forum, plenty of smart, helpful folks and that includes the moderators. Problem has to be way at the top. Somewhere up there is a disconnect from the folks down here in the real world. There is a market here and in all the Home Depots, pros, diy'ers and homeowners looking to buy tools. Loyal customers and potential customers looking for answers to questions regarding specs, warrantees and much more. Where are the answers?

Comment

Thanks for bringing up the router guide. We'll get that on the site.

I appreciate all of the comments. It is disappointing when people don't get satisfaction from customer service. I pass all of those comments along in an effort to continuously improve. As for the tools, I understand those concerns as well (and hear the comments about RIDGID not matching the market one for one.) We have some new stuff coming this winter that I hope you'll like. I look forward to your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post

I appreciate all of the comments. It is disappointing when people don't get satisfaction from customer service. I pass all of those comments along in an effort to continuously improve. As for the tools, I understand those concerns as well (and hear the comments about RIDGID not matching the market one for one.) We have some new stuff coming this winter that I hope you'll like. I look forward to your feedback.
            Thanks for the effort. This Forum is almost like a focus group for Ridgid only they don't have to pay us for our thoughts. I hope for Ridgid's sake they listen to you and at least consider our concerns. Thanks.

Comment

ProBrand, thanks for the feedback and keeping us up to date. I don't necessarily agree that RIDGID needs to match or offer their own version of every tool the other manufacturers market. I'd rather see RIDGID concentrate on offering a good selection of quality tools.

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                Milwaukee has what they call the "Heavy Duty Club". If you're a member, they send you monthly news letters via e-mail announcing new tools, recalls, accessories, etc. Why can't Ridgid do the same thing since they already have a great forum with a membership full of loyal customers?
                I've been a long term member of the Milwaukee HD club. Ridgid sure needs to do the same with E-mail news letters and also a good "What's New and What's Coming" area on this or another forum. Marketing really needs a big boost.

Hint: You can't sell what you don't tell us about and you can't sell what you just don't have.

Frank: http://www.milwaukeetool.com/HeavyDu...2fDefault.aspx

If you do join the Milwaukee Heavy Duty Club, you'll be glad for it. At one time they had a question and answer forum where people that actually worked for Milwaukee got on daily to let members know answers. That was in the good days before TTI had to hog up Milwaukee. Oh do I just hate TTI ( http://www.ttigroup.com/en/our_brands ) for messing up great German and USA companies.

Comment

Working...
                X