X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe vise for service van

i need two pipe vises for my service van that i can bolt to the floor.
    I would be using them for transporting and repairing hydraulic cylinders.

i like the chain vises but im not sure if you can buy the chain vise without the stand

Re: pipe vise for service van

Cheapest place I could find if this is what you need.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...0&marketID=282

J.C.

Comment

And here's more of a selection.

http://www.toolup.com/ridgid/40175.h...LAID=318062671

J.C.

Comment

i like to install it on a 2'' square tube and plate. this way i can slide it into my trailer hitch both the rear tow and the side hitch tube are 2'' i.d / 2.5'' od tubing.

also a simple 2.5'' tube and plate bolted to the floor will allow you vice to slide in and out on the 2'' tubing inside the 2.5'' tubing.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i like to install it on a 2'' square tube and plate. this way i can slide it into my trailer hitch both the rear tow and the side hitch tube are 2'' i.d / 2.5'' od tubing.

also a simple 2.5'' tube and plate bolted to the floor will allow you vice to slide in and out on the 2'' tubing inside the 2.5'' tubing.

rick.
          That is what I had in my old Chevy van that flipped over. Now I wonder where the 2" tube with the vice went? I have not seen it since the wreck back in 2004.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I ended up buying some good Ridgid chain vises off of Ebay, all the way up to the BC810,

I ended up bolting them to a flat plate, and put a 2" tube on the plate, (similar to what Rick suggested) but instead I have pockets in my truck bed made out of receiver tubing and I can work on either side of the truck or put in two vises, a pipe support or use in a different location and there not permanent, also I can also turn them 90 degrees so there are many ways of using them, and I have other items with the 2 inch tube on it so I can use the stake pockets for other items, (in my case I use a wire roller and use it to unroll the mile long wires on as well) I am wanting to get a good machine vise to mount the same way, I have pockets on two different trucks, so I have the versatility of using the vise in different locations,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X